Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Super Glove

Old 01-17-2008, 11:19 AM
bigcountry

Default Super Glove

Someone got me the super glove for Christmas. I have been trying to get used to shooting it, but cant' get my anchor point any more. I use the corner of my mouth. I have been shooting the damascus glove for a few years. So its thin leather, and you can easily feel the corner of your mouth. Anyone else try this glove?

My release is cleaner than ever. But I have to hold back much longer to get my anchor point down.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Super Glove

I went with the Skookum glove.
Comparable to the super glove, but recommended for lighter bows. I hoped that translated into better string feel, but I've never used the superglove so no idea. It does give a smooth release, but is much thicker than the allen glove I bought at walmart, that has very thin leather pockets. I'd still be using the allen if it was a full glove instead of just 1/3 finger pockets.

I have the same issue with the skookum, requires much more concentration to find a repeatable anchor, but having more than one reference point helps.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used one in the past and liked it. I'd make sure that it fits good and tight thoughwhen it's new.

My son uses one now.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:14 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Took me a while to get used to it, but once I did it's the only glove I use now. I buy mine at a shoot where I can try them on first--when new, I want it so tight I can barely get my fingers in it--that way, when it's broken in, it's just right. Like every other glove I've tried, they can vary quite a bit in the way they fit, so I won't buy one without trying it on first.

Chad
Old 01-17-2008, 03:54 PM
bigcountry

Its a little loose. Maybe I should send it back to cabelas and get a medium.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot with one. It felt the best of a bunch I tried when I bought it. I never did care to feel a lot. Although I seem to be able to bounce to a tab and after a few shots hit just as fine?
Old 01-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got one of those super gloves last fall after shooting a damascus glove for years. It sure is a different feel. Really stiff. I've thought about cutting thevery tippy endoff the finger stall and putting a few extra stitches in where the cut goes through the seams so I can touch my anchor with a bare fingertip. Haven't gotten that desperate yet. I keep hoping it'll feel different when I get it broke in and gotten myself used to it.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:41 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I got one of those super gloves last fall after shooting a damascus glove for years. It sure is a different feel. Really stiff. I've thought about cutting thevery tippy endoff the finger stall and putting a few extra stitches in where the cut goes through the seams so I can touch my anchor with a bare fingertip. Haven't gotten that desperate yet. I keep hoping it'll feel different when I get it broke in and gotten myself used to it.
Thats the exact thing I go throught. I wish I used my cheek as an anchor. But I don't.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Is that the Alaskan company super glove?
Old 01-18-2008, 08:40 PM
bigcountry

Sure is burnie

Quick Reply: Super Glove

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.