Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Want to organize a 3-D shoot for charity

Old 02-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Want to organize a 3-D shoot for charity

This is a request for any helpful tips, hints, or information on how best to organize a 3-D shoot for charity. The charity I have in mind is St. Judes children's hospital, I have been listening to a radio-a-thon for the last two days regarding this hospital and the hope they offer families left with no help from the normal medical community. My wife and I had a scare when our first child was born, he was not minutes old when the nurse and doctor called me over to tell me there was something seriously wrong with my son. To make the story short he had to be transported to another hospital immeadiately, I was floored to put it mildly, and I will say I balded not cried. My son is as you know a very active 6 year old today and my wife and I have God along with a very skill surgeon to thank. Now I want to help if I can by organizing a 3-D shoot, maybe even get it to be an annual event. Only God knows what will come of this, so help me out if you can I would greatly appreciate it.
Vern Pratt
Hunt hard, and pray harder, both offer great rewards.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Want to organize a 3-D shoot for charity

If you've got the facility, the liability insurance, targets and manpower in place already, it's a simple matter to put on a charity event. Solicit local dealers for prize donations. Approach local hotels and motels about the possibility of lower rates for your shooters. Advertise the shoot via the local dealers, regional and state bowhunting/archery orgs and on the internet. Food and drink concessions are a must! Use the gate to cover whatever expenses you incur and donate the rest to the charity you choose, in this case St Jude's, in the name of the club or organization that sponsored the event. Maybe even send a card signed by all the shooters that participated.

Both my nephews had severe problems and were in Childrens' Medical Center in Dallas many times. People that have never seen the playroom in a childrens' hospital need to go and watch, at least once, to understand how heartbreaking it is. Kids going through chemo and radiation therapy, with IV tubes and other medical equipment hanging on them. It would take an awfully cold hearted individual to not be moved by it.

Edited by - Arthur P on 02/03/2003 08:52:13
Old 02-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Want to organize a 3-D shoot for charity

There is a charity event for a Children's Hospital at Tanehill State Park near Birmingham, AL in April, April 25th and 26th. I'm not sure which hospital will be the benificiee of the fundraiser, but it is a great cause and a great idea!

You might contact the good people at: http://www.mindspring.com/~smmassey/astb.html

I'm sure they can fill in the details.

Bill

Praise the Lord, He is worthy