Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

martin archery

Old 01-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default martin archery

how are martin archery's recurves. They look good. Black widow bows puts them in thier cataloges so they must be ok, even if a little over priced.

How about chekmate bows? Do they have a 60" 55# bow? I looked on thier website but I could only find very short bows.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"
Old 01-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-30-2003, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: martin archery

I have a Martin/Howatt Diablo that shoots great. It's 60" 50#, draws very smoothly with no noticable stack (but then my draw is only 28&quot, shoots what I would call very fast, and is almost silent. So there's my take on Martin.

Now as for Chek Mate, I currently have a Crusader on order and can't wait for it to get here. I have never actually shot one, but there is quite a following for them on this message board. After reading all the great things people had to say about them, I just had to have one for myself. If you do decide to go with a chek mate, Chad (LBR) is great to work with and will set you up with pretty much whatever you need.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

LBR has already gotten in touch with me and I really like the bows. I've noticed that alot of people seem to be shooting very short bows. I had a very short (I think 56&quot browning nomad 2 and I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with. That turned me off to short bows. I normally don't like anything under 60".

I can't afford one now, but when I get the spare $$$ I They will be my #1 choice.

Thanks everyone.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"
Old 02-01-2003, 08:56 PM

I can vouch for both the Martin and CM bows. Excellent, both. The CMs are especially pleasing.

YBIC,
Dave ><>

Matt 6:33,34/Rev 3:20
Old 02-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a Martin Hunter for five years and you won't go wrong with one. I only shoot 68" Howard Hill Longbows anymore and traded it off but it was a good shooting bow. The only thing I did not care for was the large grip.

Old 02-01-2003, 10:44 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'll go against the grain here.

I bought a Martin Hunter in 1999 and thought it was one of the worst bows I've ever shot. Stacked like a pile of bricks and not a real joy to shoot. I've also shot a Hatfield and a Sabre and thought the same about them. IMO there are MUCH better bows to be had for the price they're asking.

JRW
Old 02-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

For a 62" bow, the Martin Hunter is a bit finicky, shockey and even though my draw doesn't force the hunter to stack the weight on, they do stack for draws over 29".

On the other hand, the Chek-Mate Hunter II @60" long handles draw lengths to 30" without stacking, shocking or becoming unstable or unforgiving. A very smooth shooting bow. Hard to beat the combination of possitive traits offered by the CM bow for the dough.

Make em sharp and shoot em straight, or leave em home.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:31 PM

I must admit, the Chek-mate is definitely smoother & does not stack like the Martin, but I will say that Martin makes a quality bow and stands behind their products

YBIC,
Dave ><>

Matt 6:33,34/Rev 3:20
Old 02-06-2003, 02:41 PM

I started with a Martin X-200. Then I was able to purchase a Chek Mate Falcon Special. 60", 55#@27". Needless to say, I love the Chek Mate. Eventually I plan to buy another Falcon but with different limb and riser woods next time.

Holy moly, its cold here in Ohio!

Quick Reply: martin archery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.