Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Oh yeah, and to you guys too.

My Christmas present to myself..........(I can't trust the socks and sweaters brigade to come through like this so I had to take matters into my own hands)

Just when I had myself convinced that I wasn't going to buy another high dollar bow for a while, get to know the ones I have, BAM!!! There's that pretty wood, specs I need on a bow I've been eyeing anywayand before you know it someone is slipping my wallet out. I'm not sure there is anything more dangerous than a traditional bow addiction.
(It is fun though I'll give it that )

I've come a long way haven't I Arthur?

Horne's Archery "Brush Bow" longbow
60"AMO 56#@29" , The riser is Bacote with Macassar Ebony palm with ebony overlay.

The limbs are "DIRTY" bamboo with bacote caps on the tips.(Will draw right at 60# at my draw length)

I hear the words Bacote and Bamboo now and I'm like Homer Simpson with a Cheesburger.........Mmmmmmmmm Baaaaaaaacote. [8D]

Old 12-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Merry Christmas to me!!!!

LMAO, I see a post by Matt, I have to check it out. LOL Always some comic relief. Congrats Matt.

LOL socks and sweater brigade....MMmmm Baaaaaacote. [8D]
Old 12-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, ya know... I did try to warn you. The traditional bug doesn't bite everybody, but the ones lucky enough to get it, they get bit HARD! You have indeed come a long way, but it ain't really your fault.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is pretty. Sweet lookng bow.
I don't plan to caving in this winter and buying another one, but man I can see how it is so tempting.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt,you can try to convince yourself all you want but when ya get bit-ya get bit hard!.Believe me,I know.I got a Shaffer Silvertip on the way lol.Those Horne's are shooters,too--enjoy it!
Old 12-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whoa, what a beauty! Congrats!
Old 12-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

i thought i was the only one that buys myself Christmas and birthday presents!! Christmas is always hunting gear...my birthday is in march, so its usually fishing gear...last year was a flyrod...todays temps gave me the itch to hit the fly streams in the worst way...winter just started and here i am thinkin flyfishin!!

awesome lookin bow Matt...i think i aughta wait a while to get into the trad bows...if its like any of my other hobbies/pasttimes, i know its gunna consume me and empty my wallet...the last thing i need right now is somethin else to learn/play/tinker with....but, i'll get to it one day...just fighting the urges for the time being...hope im single when i graduate college and land a good job...figure a couple years of being single and living alone making decint money and i can buy most everything ive ever wanted and stock pile everything for when i retire and get time to play with it all man, there just aint enough time in my day......
Old 12-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt,you can try to convince yourself all you want but when ya get bit-ya get bit hard!.Believe me,I know.I got a Shaffer Silvertip on the way lol.Those Horne's are shooters,too--enjoy it!
Hey Jim, a nice Silvertip is on the "Short List". I wonder if you bought the one I was eyeing up the other day on Bowsite or Tradgang?
A nice Palmer just popped up with 2 sets of limbs too, a double carbon set in a perfecthunting weight and a lighter single in a slightly lighter weight that would be great for 3D.
My problem is that I haven't figured out what I like more yet........longbows or recurves?
I still have to mug you for that PSA X Bacote you have, maybe snag a PL here soon, I wanted to try a Pronghorn 3 piece longbow and I'm really afraid to find a Habu Death Adder longbow. Not to mention the Morrisons and Robertsons,
I'm beginning to have a problem.[:-]I'm starting to justify $800 for a hunk of wood that flings a hunk of wood.

i thought i was the only one that buys myself Christmas and birthday presents!! Christmas is always hunting gear...my birthday is in march, so its usually fishing gear...last year was a flyrod...todays temps gave me the itch to hit the fly streams in the worst way...winter just started and here i am thinkin flyfishin!!
LOL, trust me I know that one all too well. I guided for years and was a casting instructor and fly tier. At one point I had 17 high end fly rods totalling somewhere around $10,000 worth. I've since whittled that down to 6 must have keepers, a 3wt, (2) 4wts, (1) 5wt, (1) 6wt, (1) 8wt.
Thank goodness for "Guide programs" and discounts!

Must find cheaper hobbies.......like collecting buttons or dust bunnies or something.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

sweet looking bow i wish i had the nuts to buy myself a bow for Christmas...are you gonnaa wrap it up, put it under the tree and label it as from: Santi Clause

is it just me or is that knock point set really high.?

Old 12-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

is it just me or is that knock point set really high.?
It was.......stringwas upside down and just sitting on the bow stretching out the creep.

Quick Reply: Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.