Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Last Day Hunt No Luck - Pictures

Old 12-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Last Day Hunt No Luck - Pictures

Well I ended up seeing nine doe from the stand (then four more in the field when I was leaving) on the last day late season hunt. They came out from behind me about 70 yards or so 15 minutes before darkness. I thought they would all go straight and I wouldn't get a shot, however, one (the biggest) decided to come down my way. She got at about 25 yards (still no shot),and looked my way. I didn't think shemade me out and I remained motionless, I needed another five yards from her to get in my lane. She started walking again (behind some shrubs), and just I got my bow into position (while she still had a blocked view), she bolted (about 10 yards directly away from me) without even looking at me again. She turned and started walking slowly back in the direction she came from (and where the other deer were) and never looked back. I had the wind completely to my advantage. Can't figure this one, but is wasn't meant to be. Below are a few pics. It was a snowshoe day:

Old 12-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Last Day Hunt No Luck - Pictures

Thats to bad Bob! Nice looking equiptment you got there! Pretty pictures as well.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Dominant Buck

At least you got a great view. Whats that white stuff on everything. lol.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:41 AM

Bob.. sounds to me like you had a great season! Got close to nature. Seen plenty of animals. Good exercise. Stayed healthy and free of injuries. Hunting for the hunt's sake. These are choices we have already made. Based upon the limitations of our equipment. You hunted well. Congratulations!. My season was much the same way. I passed on every yearling or young deer that came my way. And now I have tag soup! That's ok. The spirit of the hunt is always alive. And as we say< "there's always next year"!.

Happy Holidays!

There is a quiet in the winter wood,
A silence that the soul alone can hear,
As if all nature knew and understood
the meaning of this Holy time of year.
F.O.Walsh