Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Which one? Bob Lee bow or Predator

Old 12-08-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Which one? Bob Lee bow or Predator

I like the looks of both these bows. The prices are comparable. Im looking at a predator custom or a Bob lee sig. (both takedown recurves). any opinions on either as far as performance and quality would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim
Old 12-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which one? Bob Lee bow or Predator

I've shot examples of both and I like them both. I've been a fan of Bob Lee for more than 40 years, but I couldn't say his bow is better than the Predator. I'm not sure today's version of the Predator is the equal of the original, it's still very good. If I had to choose one over the other, between Lee and Predator, I'd have to flip a coin.

Most all the custom bows are so comparable in performance and quality within their price rangesthat it really comes down to personal preference. Which one willfeel best and shoot best for you? Nobody can make that judgement but yourself. I wish I could be more help than that, but that's the bottom line.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:22 PM

IMHO, none of the above. For a little more money, a custom take down Thunderhawk recurve from Ancient Spirits. By far the best value for the bow you get. A few examples of the wood work.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:31 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I have to agree with Art. Asthetics and prices vary, but performance, durability, etc. don't vary much among the better bows on the market. I'd research the warranty and customer service and gofrom there, and shoot both if you can. What one person swears by, another may swear at.

Chad
Old 12-08-2007, 10:18 PM

I wish i could test shoot them both. Where i live I would'nt hve a clue where I could find them to try without having to travel real far. I realize opinions are just that. But its nice to talk to someone who has actually shot them. I know its my descision and I already know which one Im leaning towards. But I welcome eevryones input
Thanks guys keep em coming.
AurthurP do you remember me? Do you still have or shoot you 02 Protec.
Tim.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, of course I remember - now that ya reminded me. [8D]Still got the ProTec, set up for shooting fingers and barebow. It's my 'orthopedic recurve.'
Old 12-09-2007, 08:49 AM

How far are you from Kalamazoo, MI? The Kalamazoo traditional expo is coming up in mid Jan. That would be a great place to start. There will be plenty of custom bowyers there. You can spend all day testing their bows.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

I love my simple predator, 49# hunter, bubinga riser, black glass shot thru 7 deer last year with a 2016 and 35/55 goldtips!!
Smoothe, easy drawing. I love mine!!
Old 12-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both are real fine bows but I'd buy a Predator if I were choosing between the 2.To me,it was smoother,more dead in the hand,and noticeably quicker than the Lee.I almost plunked down the $$ for a Predator at the Baltimore Classic this past May
Old 12-09-2007, 08:22 PM

I use a predator custom and wouldnt trade it for the world. This being said the Bower / owner of predator is my best friends dad and I shoot with him quite often. Ron's bows are top notch but his customer service is what makes the diff. Oct 1st is opening day in michigan and I had a string issue (my fault) on sept 28th, I had a new string in my mailbox before opening morning. You can not go wrong, I use my bow for bowfishing and deer hunting and it takes a beating still as sweet as ever.

Quick Reply: Which one? Bob Lee bow or Predator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.