Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Wow, I'm really gonna do it.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wow, I'm really gonna do it.

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

you'll feel differnt - having a real bow in your hand will make you feel like a truer bowhunter, and the meaning of your first kill will have more significance compared to having taken it with other weapons

if you ever move on to self bows, arrows and trade points, again your challenge is increased greatly and many fold will be your return from that
Especially if its a monster buck, right Matt!!! Congrats!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Dominant Buck

you'll feel differnt - having a real bow in your hand will make you feel like a truer bowhunter, and the meaning of your first kill will have more significance compared to having taken it with other weapons
Man....if you only knew!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

You all might want to check the bowhunting thread..............he really did it and he did it huge. I have to say this.............he and I practiced alot this summer but he was pretty much obsessed with it......he really put time and effort in it and he earned it rightfully so............congrats to my best bud. AKA....tommy traditional[8D]
Old 10-02-2007, 08:29 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

22 pages of posts on the deerhunting forum, and he hasn't even announced it here? Matt, you are out of the shrine!

Dang man, that's a heck of a deer. I expect to see the play-by-play on this board too!

Chad
Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

Matt has been busy so as a good buddy would do I copied this from the othe forum just to help him out.............

Ok, I won't give you guys the long drawn out details just yet.......I'm exhausted, injured and need a frickin nap. LOL
Lets just say this has been the WORST 48 hours and the best 48 hours of my life and through it all I realized that I have some of the best friends a guy could ever want and am blessed plain and simple.

Thank you all for your interest and support it means more than you'll ever know.

I will give the whole story its just do at some point tonight in a journal entry or separate post, it's a doozy but for now here is the buck. I haven't put a tape on him yet except for spread. He is 20 7/8" inside spread on a typical 13pt frame. He would be a 14pt but he busted off his left G2 right at the base, ossibly when he ran I can't tell but it's pretty fresh looking.
Sorry for the lack of my usual pics but sadly he wasn't in the greatest shape when I FINALLY found him. (I'm pretty broken up about that part)

I'll post a pic of me and th ebuck and then a side view of just the deer to show the mass all of his tines are bladed. The straight on shots just don't do the mass justice. (and for scale don't forget I'm 6'3" and 230lbs)
Thank you all again and I'll get the full story, score and more pics up ASAP.

Bowtech Corporate Staff, Gold Tip National Shooting Staff.

Huntingnet member since 6/00, and several thousand additional posts lost in cyberspace.
[align=right]
(in reply to Matt / PA) [/align]
Old 10-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats one more time.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:10 PM

Change that title to "Wow, I did it!!" because you sure did!

Congrats sir, that's one nice buck and one helluva trial you passed. Hope your eye heals up quickly too.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats awesome man! Congrats to you! It really does feel different and damn good when you take an animal with a recurve or longbow!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned

the meat was lost I take it ?