Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bowhunting and the WORD.

Old 01-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowhunting and the WORD.

I don't know how many others feel about faith in GOD and his WORD the bible but I would the woods are alive with the miracles of GOD. This past year has me longing even more for that peace as our "civilized" world seems intent on destruction and war. Peace to all of you, may GOD show us all better paths and guide our arrows to their mark.

Edited by - towerrat164 on 01/05/2003 19:04:42
Old 01-06-2003, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting and the WORD.

Towerrat,

AMEN!! Oh just to ponder and think about the price that was paid, as upon that Old Rugged Cross my sins upon Him were laid, For me He suffered and died, Halaleuah to Christ the Crucified!! Just to think He came down from Heaven, Left His glorious throne above, He gave them bread made from unleaven, Then He died to show us His love!!

Bill

Praise the Lord, He is worthy
Old 01-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the reply Bill, I had almost given up that anyone would respond to this post. I have come to CHRIST and his promise fairly recently. I was what you might call a dabbler before my ways led me to the bottom. It was at the bottom that the most amazing thing happened to me to which I now know was the HOLY SPIRIT lifting me up. While I don't consider myself free of the muck of my past I find that I am surrounded by the wonders of GOD's glory nearly everyday. All blessings to the LORD, he is truly worthy.
Vern Pratt
Old 01-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Amen towerrat.
I had the same experience a few years ago.
The lord is great!

"Hey ya'll, watch this"
Old 01-07-2003, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Good thread! If a person can't see God around him/her while out in the field I don't hold much hope for them. I found Christ when my ways had me at the top but I was still in the same position as you. The best thing about being a Christian is that just like bowhunting you should never consider yourself unsuccessful at it. Just going out is success, taking an animal fairly is just a jewel in your crown. I thank God everyday for the health and ability to hunt and ask for the wisdom to keep it all in perspective with the important things of life.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is impossible to go out into the woods and NOT see the handiwork of Almighty God. His creation, made for US, is a wonderful sight to behold. And just to think, we haven't seen nothing yet!

Nearly everyday we can see the sun,
But someday soon we'll see the Son!
We shall meet Him in the air,
As we leave this sin cursed earth we will not care!

Bill Lamb

[email protected]

Praise the Lord, He is worthy
Old 01-08-2003, 02:49 PM

Been there too. I had had it with all the material things and the problems thay bring. It's amazing the things that can be done when you only believe!