Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Which Bow To Choose?

Old 07-25-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Which Bow To Choose?

I have decided between the Bear Super Kodiak and the Hoyt Gamemaster II. As far as accuracy, forgiveness, and application in whitetail deer hunting which would be a better choice. If I was to buy the Hoyt I would set it up with sights, rest, stabilizer. But If I got the bear I would shoot it "traditional" off the shelf no sights. I know there is a huge differance between these two bows but just looking for opinions.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which Bow To Choose?

Logic says the Gamemaster with sights, rest and stabilizer would probably be more accurate, but really... Logic also says if you're going to use sights you might as well use a compound and have all the benefits of let-off and far superior performance.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:52 PM

Yes I realize that but I just want a bow that is simpler and easy to use like recurves but still want to have tight groups.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

The Gamemaster shoots very well off the shelf. The way it comes with its padding the arrow lines up with the string. Its much more forgiving for me than my Chek-Mate Hunter. Its fast and quiet and I like the small grip. The 55 lb limbs feel much easier to pull back to full draw than the 52 lb limbs of my Hunter. The biggest drawback is that it is kinda ugly. My Gamemaster II shoots well with out sights or any accessories.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:18 PM

I don't find it ugly at all. What don't you like about the way it looks?

Old 07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I said kinda ugly. I should have said compared to my more traditional bows. Everything on the bow is functional from the light weight tips to the no torque grip. Its certainly more functional looking than beautiful. I guess it is a new generation of hunting bows. I just started shooting recurves this year and I can shoot much better with my Hoyt than I can with my Chek-Mate Hunter or Crusader.
Don't get me wrong. If I could have only one recurve to hunt with it would be the Hoyt. It certainly is a hardcore hunting bow.