Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Lets See The Weaponry For This Year!!!!!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lets See The Weaponry For This Year!!!!!!!

LBR, it's not strung up... lol
Old 07-27-2007, 11:57 AM

English, I have an SKB Korean Bow as well. Do you use it with or without the grips that came with the bow. Also, what kind of arrows do you use?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

Crazy, grips that came with the bow??? The stuff that was in the box was the Bow and the String. I bought 3Rivers Hunters arrows from 3Rivers archery but I still ain't shot 'em yet. How long have you had your SKB?
Old 07-28-2007, 10:45 AM

Just got it. Been a compound archer for about a couple of years, Field Archery. Decided to have some fun with traditional archery. Liked to try something different, so picked up the SKB. Yeah, it came with a rubber grip (bought at a local archery store), but not too crazy about it. Have heard of archers not using any grips or making their own. I spoke to one of the guys at the archery store who has one, he made his own grip and recommended using a glove for your bow hand when shooting. Heard it hurts like hell if you don’t wear one. Also that there is quite a whip/snap after the release so he added string silencers, etc. I have the same bow as you. With 40# draw weight. Have you hunted at all with it? How is shooting the bow without the grip. Been thinking of that as an option.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't use a rubber grip on a traditional bow. I'd put a wrapped leather handle on it. It's easy to do. To wrap just the grip portion... Take a 1" wide strip of soft leather about 20-24" long and wrap it, making each turn overlap the last one by 1/4" or so. Leave the last two wraps a little loose, then tuck the tag end up under those wraps. Pull the wraps snug to lock the tag end in place and trim off the excess.

If you want to wrap the whole riser section like some original bows were, just use a longer strip.

If you want the handle padded a little more, you could do a double wrap.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:57 PM

Arthur, thank you for the recommendation. Do you use any glue at all? Or do you just rely on the tightness of the wrapped grip that I would create? Also, I’m assuming you tuck the wraps in on the bottom and top to lock it in. Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:46 PM

I am still waiting to buy my new bow before the season starts but it will be the Martin Jaguar magnum compound bow set on www.Basspro.com.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:55 PM

This is a traditional forum but ok.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:04 AM

Ya I found that out this morning I thought I was still on technical forums sorry.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:53 AM

Thats alright, your new and still learning the ropes.

Quick Reply: Lets See The Weaponry For This Year!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.