Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Glues?

Old 12-27-2002, 07:06 PM

Default Glues?

Alright, I am looking for a better glue. I have used Fastset gel which I really like but hate how it leaves the finish on my arrows white and chalky looking (hope you understand what I am trying to describe). I have also used Bohnings Fletch tite and I just plain out don't like it. What do you guys use and what are your dislikes and likes to what you use? Thanks for your time.

"Clutz by Nature, Hospitalized by Fate..."

Pyral
Old 12-27-2002, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Glues?

ya try fletch tape yet? Dont leave no marks and holds pretty well. Dab a dot of duco/fletch tight at both ends of the feather..also before you do this, make sure the front edge of the feather is SMOOOTH first! Then dab the glue on to keep it from rolling in warmer weather. No marks that way, super fast, and almost not noticable!
Old 12-28-2002, 12:19 AM

I tried the instant glues like steele force and goat tuff but they seemed to get brittle on aluminum shafts.I was using fletch tite when some folks recomended Duco to me.The Duco holds good and dries a little faster than fletch tite and only costs 1.00 at walmart.Might give it a try not much dough waisted if you don't like it

SHOOT STRAIGHT >>>--------> Troy
Old 12-28-2002, 07:03 AM

I second the use of Duco. I use it a lot on arrows I've dipped or finished with non-bohning paint. It works great and it's cheap. I made some arrows for target last spring with regular old $.99 laquer sprayed on for a crown dip. I attached the feathers with Duco and have yet to have one come off.

Old 12-28-2002, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Duco cement for me also with a dab of super glue at each end-never lost a fletch yet.For aluminums,I use the fletching tape with good results,too.Also with a dab of super glue on each end.