Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

New Bows

Old 03-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Bows

That's the hardest part-the waiting!! A few years ago,I ordered a Blacktail recurve.About 8 months after I ordered,I wanted a new guitar.The wife said one or the other so I bought the guitar and cancelled my bow order.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

if my wife made me pick between a bow and a guitar...id get rid of my wife and buy both.....every guy knows a real woman would buy you the guitar, while youcan pay for the bow.[][8D]

shes lucky you didnt get real mad at her and choose the new bow instead of the guitar,.... without her knowing that you were going to shoot her withit because ofher not letting you get the guitar.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

alpah I have to agree:-)

I try to have a new bow on order so Iam getting something about every 3-4 months, its an addiction but cheaper than golf!!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

It worked out pretty good in the end,though.I would've sold the recurve anyway for a good bit less than what it would've cost.I pretty much shoot longbows now anymore.
I got 6 longbows in the past 6 months(my new Hill Wesley Special just arrived today)and she really hasn't complained.And she did buy me another new guitar last year
Old 03-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jim, have you checked out the Black Bear HH model? You may also want to sign up for the HH Shooters group. We have just over 100 members now. PM if interested.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bob,my buddy should be getting his Black Bear any day now-if he didn't already get it.That's the one with the carbon it,right? Pm sent for some info for the HH group
Old 03-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

What is the Black Bear, how does it shoot, I got turned off to howard hill bow because of the shock, is this one better with that, sounds like a nice bow??
Old 03-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Black Bear is a carbon-backed Wesley Special.I have 2 Hills and shot many others and never experienced the hand shock people talk about.My buddy just got his Black Bear yesterday so I'll be shooting it tonite.The Wesley on the left just came in the mail yesterday,too.Sweet shooter!64",45#@28",myrtle riser w/locator grip and black glass

Old 03-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

What is the Black Bear, how does it shoot, I got turned off to howard hill bow because of the shock, is this one better with that, sounds like a nice bow??
A lot has to do with the shock issue that I can think of.
1. Hand shock is relative to perception, everyone is different. Asktwo people if there there is hand shock, one can say yes, the other no.
2. The way the bow is held/shot.
3. The bows tune including arrow weight.

IMO, the Hill bows do have some hand shock, but there are always trade offs. IMO efficiency of the HH bow is only lost on hand shock since these bows are extremely quiet even without any string silencers. The quietness coupled with the stability of these bows more then offsets the handshock issue to me anyway.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Iam not knocking them, I shoot Wes Wallace and Fox and BW longbows and they have a little more reflex, deflex than the Hill's. I shoot at least 57-58 # and those D style bows can kick no matter how you hold them, but they are quiet and accurate.
Id like to get a lighter longbow for stumpin and chasing small game, I will have to look at the Black Bear!!
Howard Hill was the man for sure

Quick Reply: New Bows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.