Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

PULLING BIG BOWS or Just getting stronger !

Old 02-27-2007, 02:13 PM

Default RE: PULLING BIG BOWS or Just getting stronger !

just type it all out for us
Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I read the article and thought it was pretty good. I don't recall where he says to keep the elbow higher then the shoulder though.

When he refers to the bicep, although I don't recall him stating it outright, I think (pretty darn sure) he is refering to the draw arm bicep, not the bow arm bicep. I would think the tricep would come into play in the bow arm.

His illustrations were pretty good IMO.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buster T

just type it all out for us
the way I type,next month's issue would already be mailed out
Old 02-28-2007, 02:11 PM

Bobco,
Myabe you and I went to a different school system ? LOL, ! "DRAWING WITH THE BICEP" Is his second bold type title. And he goes right to the first inaccuracy The Bicep is the largest and strongest muscle of the ARM ! "WRONG!!"the largest muscle of the arm is the TRICEP regardless of the Armthat is holding the bow or pulling the bow. Fred states "LIFT YER ELBOW " well ? how high ? Ive spent the last 35 years in the gym and learned some real hard lessons, Iam not kicking Fred !!his article was great! but flawed in that the actual muscles and kinesology he statesto perform the BOW PULL Is inaccurate but close,
Tj
Old 02-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bobco,
Myabe you and I went to a different school system ?
I think we did too. No argument there.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:02 PM

Does is it really matter which muscle in the arm Fred says is doing all the work? If you think about it - pretty much all muscles in the arm holding the bow are working to help hold it steady.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:23 PM

MEN,
Yeah we went to different schools in our system ! You obviously went to one were you were taught that yer were better than the average JOE because of your social rank in the pecking order! LOL. Fred Asbell makes some serious mistakes in his article ! Fred should stick to shooting the bow and not what makes it work as far as "KINESOLOGY" because he doesn,t have a clue!!!!!!!!!! And Bobco Your arrogance shows ever so OFFENSIVE!
Tj
Old 02-28-2007, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Tj Craig

MEN,
Yeah we went to different schools in our system ! You obviously went to one were you were taught that yer were better than the average JOE because of your social rank in the pecking order! LOL. Fred Asbell makes some serious mistakes in his article ! Fred should stick to shooting the bow and not what makes it work as far as "KINESOLOGY" because he doesn,t have a clue!!!!!!!!!! And Bobco Your arrogance shows ever so OFFENSIVE!
Tj
oh boy....hey, where's my popcorn!!!

Ok we're good

Now where's BobCo?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now where's BobCo?
Nahh, I won't get pulled into and play that game. I'm sure everyone can sort things out for themselves.

I started readingFred's articlewith a sort of negative bias since I read this topic first. But after reading the article and explanations, I thought it was pretty good. And I agree with Fred on a lot of his points and explanations in it (not that I always agree with him though).

Old 03-01-2007, 07:07 AM

Bobco,
No game intended! I to stated his article was a great one with a lot of great points, I clearly added some pointsonly because of my nearly 40 years experience in the gymand as a personal trainer in the WEIGHT ROOM ! some of his points were inaccurate, and you had to come at me sideways with your rhetoric and usual sarcasim with that polite tone, which should'nt be a cloak to be RUDE ! I was only trying to help someone who might have read the article so they didn,t hurt themselves by misunderstanding the high elbow comments.
Tj

Quick Reply: PULLING BIG BOWS or Just getting stronger !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.