Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Let's talk camo

Old 01-30-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Let's talk camo

Hey guys I want to talk camo, I am in the need for some new camo and I know alot of folks say we don't need it and just wear wool plaid or what ever and i agree.But for me it's more of a confidence booster now I am very conflicted on what to get I have narrowed it down to predator or asat possibly the 3-d leafy suit. Now I feel that prdator fall grey has too much light patches for the ground hunting I only do, so I would go with the Deception. Any thoughts.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:55 PM

Default RE: Let's talk camo

Sask don't coun't out Enigma Camo another open pattern. It is what i'm wearing in my avatar. Very high quality stuff, made of Wolfskin material and each garment is custom sewn to your exact specs. There also is a 3D suit in the works along with some upgrades to the pattern to increase contrast. www.enigmacamo.com
Old 01-30-2007, 06:17 PM

Yes I have seen and herd good things about Enigma camo, but the main reason I have choosen the two I did was because I can get them from the local guys. When I can I will support the local guy. Since both predator and asat are effective camo patternsI will go with either one.I just wnat to hear opinions or fact of what one will break me up. My archery season for all animals starts when the leaves and foilage is still green it doesn't turn usually until late Sept/ early Oct. which is muzzleloader season which I continue to hunt with bow(compound first year shooting trad, sold compound). Sorry for rambling.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Predator fall gray is besthunting out ofopen, late season hardwoods. But if there's snow on the ground, you're back in business. Thefall brown pattern might be better for ground hunting without snow. I have a problem with 3d leafy camo for bow hunting. It seems to me that it would be difficult keeping those leafy things from tangling in your bowstring on release.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope this doesnt turn into a my camo is better than your camo thread. I think the open patterns are good on the ground also, especially late season. I use Predator evolution which is quite open, very little greens a lot of open tans and greys. It blends very nicely.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:53 PM

I hope it doesn't turn into a battle either I never intended, but IMO and tests I have seen theopen patterns like asat and predator and enigma and a few others are what IMO blend and break a human outline at close range and farther away. SO that's why I am asking for opinions and actual trails with the two choices I have. One other question I have is Bucksuede breathable(sp?) or would a guy sweat like a hog on a warmer day in it (rember ground hunting weather it be sitting or stalking) Thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at predator evolution on their website. I love mine!
Old 01-30-2007, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: SaskBushMan

Yes I have seen and herd good things about Enigma camo, but the main reason I have choosen the two I did was because I can get them from the local guys. When I can I will support the local guy. Since both predator and asat are effective camo patternsI will go with either one.I just wnat to hear opinions or fact of what one will break me up. My archery season for all animals starts when the leaves and foilage is still green it doesn't turn usually until late Sept/ early Oct. which is muzzleloader season which I continue to hunt with bow(compound first year shooting trad, sold compound). Sorry for rambling.
Sask I can respect that. There are very many good open patterns out there. Good luck in your search
Old 01-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, sounds like you've been steered in the right direction for sure. Whatever you go with make sure that it's an open pattern and you'll be good to go. One thing that I keep in minds (because I don't have an endless supply of cash) is that I like a pattern that will work in all seasons. Anyway, good luck and let us know what you decide!!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:03 AM

mix and match is the best IMO

Wear pants of one color, a long sleeve shirt of another pattern, a vest of another ..... makes it much harder to see

I like fleece, and wool is good too for material

Quick Reply: Let's talk camo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.