Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Arrow spine perfection...speak up!

Old 01-14-2007, 06:59 PM

Default RE: Arrow spine perfection...speak up!

ORIGINAL: LBR

Try the one on bowjackson.com or arrowsbykelly.com. May not be dead-on for you, but will get you in the ball park.

Chad
Thanks. I got my answer on bowmaker.net. I wanted to know what static spine is. Not that I could relate the number to my shooting, I'm just the kind of guy that has to know what is in the numbers. He said spine is the deflection an arrow has when you hang a 2 lb weight in the middle when it is supported on a 26 inch span.

Also, is looks from the same websites like the gold tip 5575's I have for my compound would make a good arrow to start.

Thanks Chad
Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow spine perfection...speak up!

Bob Co, can you de-codeEaston's numbering system? I have XX75 2020's, but I do not know what that means. Also, if Easton cals out a delfection on their chart, what does that signify?
Chad hit the first question.

People in general refer to Deflection as Spine. Although that is not totally correct.

Deflection is readby suspending an arrow shaftat two points 26 inches apartand suspending a 2 pound weight in the middle. You can use the raw deflection measurement itself, for example .436 inches. Or you can compute the spine using the formula 26/deflection in inches=spine. For example, 26 divided by .436 equals 59.6. You can express the spine of that shaft as .436 inches or as 59.6 pounds.