Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Vertical or canted bow hold?

Old 05-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Banned

Default Vertical or canted bow hold?

This is the year that I want to get real good with my recurve. I used to have sights on it but the last few years I have been doing the instinctive with the bow canted. What are you guys doing?
Old 05-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Vertical or canted bow hold?

I usually cant to about 1:30. Feels the most comfortable and I get the arrow under direct eye alignment confortably. However, I do practice withmore/less cant although it feels more aweward, it can come in handy in hunting situations.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:20 PM

I cant it pretty hard, Id say about 2 o'clock.
Like BobCo, I too practice with more or less cant, but I hate, I repeat hate, shooting vertical. But thats just me...
Old 05-24-2006, 03:42 PM

I swap back and forth..... Last week I was canting..... This week I am not......
Old 05-24-2006, 05:08 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I generally shoot with a slight cant--not sure what "time" it is, I just let it sit where it feels natural.

One thing that helps me when I have to position the bow otherwise to make a shot it to cant my head the same amount as the bow--seems to keep everything lined up.

Chad
Old 05-24-2006, 06:50 PM
bigcountry

I have been shooting with an extreme cant like 2:00. But I think with me shooting 3 finger under and my long face, thats why it works for me. Your probably going to have to find your own cant. Some say to start shooting (not rifling the arrow) and if your hitting to the left, cant more, keep canting until your hitting dead center.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty much a stand up straight,vertical hold shooter-particularly with my recurves.When I shoot my longbow,I hold with a very slight cant while maintaining a straight posture.Works for me.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I can't cant. Lol.

I actually cant at about 1:00.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:47 AM

I generally cant the bow just enough so I have a clear enough shot window from eye to target.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:57 AM

I have found I gennerally cant about 2:00 with my long bow. my recurve is less sometimes even vertical. I think its all in my head but if I shoot over 20 yards with my curve I hold vertical. If I shoot 30-40 with the long bow samething vertical. I can see the flight of the arrow a little bit better the longer it flies

Quick Reply: Vertical or canted bow hold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.