Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Just got back from B-More trad Classic

Old 05-20-2006, 06:46 PM
bigcountry

Default Just got back from B-More trad Classic

First time at a traditional shoot. About 500 or more people there. Won me a subscription to primative archer. They had 4 3-D ranges thru the woods, and it was awesome. I hit about 90% of the time. Learned it was alot different than shooting fixed distances in the back yard. Witnessed a guy demostrating horseback shooting. It was a good day.

Bob Thompson from Zippers bows let me try out a fine fine recurve but fell over from the price. But it was the prettiest thing I ever seen.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just got back from B-More trad Classic

I spent 2 days there-Friday & Saturday.There were more shooters there than I've seen in the last 10yrs.The courses were set up great,bought a few things from the dealers and the swap meet had some good deals.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:31 PM
bigcountry

I even got me a quiver with a raccoon pelt overlay. My buddy mossyoak32 is making fun of me.

Said it was the stupidest thing he ever seen. Hey I like it. Too bad, I didn't get to meet up with ya JimPic.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:50 PM

bc,

What did you shoot? and out of how many targets? Just interested, you don't have to post it if you don't want....

I shot the Jerry Pierce Memorial Shoot this weekend and had a great time... I never could find my shot and never got compfortable all day... I was very disappointed in myself and will strive to get better!! It was two 30 target rounds with very interesting and challenging setups.....

I shot a 230 and a 246..... I felt I gave away an easy 20pts on each course with just plain stupid mistakes.... I missed 3 targets!! That will really make you sick!! But, I met some great people and got some pointers from some VERY good shooters.....

Keep working hard and we will get there!!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:15 PM
bigcountry

I never take score. I dunno. I rarely hit the heart, and hit the vitals about 60%-70% of the time. Rest of em was scary, thru the guts generally. I rarely hit to the right of where I want to hit. Almost always to the left. But my cant is alot already.

Could mean something with my shot.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you had a great time bigcountry. That's what it's all about!

I'd love to see a pic of the coon quiver. Who made it?