Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Just saw somthing Crazy!

Old 02-09-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Just saw somthing Crazy!

I was watching my favorite show, Buckmasters [:'(], on of the great hosts was in Montana hunting white tails. He had a nice buck come in, shot, missed, asked the camera guy were he hit, shot again, arrow hits the sholder balde and only gose in 3in, max.OK stuff like this happens, people miss sometimes, the next part killed me. The cut to the guy holding the buck and saying it only went 100 yards. The anouncer says "well so and so found his deer but the recovery fotage was lost." Who are they kidding, it was a bad shoot call it a bad shoot.

They could have used it as a how to track a wonded deer show or something.

Crazy world we live in
Old 02-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just saw somthing Crazy!

That's just the kind of thing I've come to expect from Buckmasters.[:'(][>:]

Buy some Fred Bear tapes if you want to see real bowhunting.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:00 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Unfortunately those folks think they have to show a kill, and evidently think they can't admit that they screw up sometimes. Guess they think the average veiwer is an idiot too.

I agree with Art--get some Fred Bear tapes, or "Moments of Truth" with Bill Negley, or "The Legendary Hunts of Ben Pearson", or something by the Wensels.

I'd get the book "Fred Bear's Field Notes--the Adventures of Fred Bear" as a companion to the videos. Even back then, they were made for T.V., and the narrator is obviously blind or at best stretching the truth on several shots. In the book, you get "the rest of the story" and find out where those shots really did hit. Amazingly, many that were not on target were still deadly thanks to hitting a main artery. Lots of great old footage, even in the Museum Tour video with Mr. Frank Scott.

Chad
Old 02-10-2006, 11:10 AM

Funny you should say that AP, my buddy is going to bring some of his Fred Bear collection back up here withhim on monday. I dont know which ones but I am sure I will enjoy them, now I just need a few free hours to watch them [:@].

The part that realy killed me was the outright lieing, they didnt loose any tap, who do they think we are.

Tried to get outfor some snowshoe hunting thursday, but just ended up walking the dog. Some day I will get one. Missed out on a group hunt last saturday, I had to go visit my sister, she just wont take no for an answer.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

That's just the kind of thing I've come to expect from Buckmasters.[:'(][>:]

Buy some Fred Bear tapes if you want to see real bowhunting.
fred bear tapes, i'm gonna have to check them out cause i'm sick of new age TV today. they say anything to make a buck.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i saw the same show and thought the same thing.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:09 PM

Whitecloud, did it hit as far forward as I thought it did? I was working on the comp and not realy watching. From what I saw it looked like a sholder shot with just a few inches of penitration.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Guss

Whitecloud, did it hit as far forward as I thought it did? I was working on the comp and not realy watching. From what I saw it looked like a sholder shot with just a few inches of penitration.
yep, it looked like it hit the very front shoulder. you could see the arrow sticking right out, almost the whole arrow. but thats tv and i hate it..
Old 02-14-2006, 05:49 AM

TV is bad, glad I dont have much time to be hypnotized by all the garbage they play.