Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

TBOT Shoot This Sunday

Old 01-31-2006, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default TBOT Shoot This Sunday

Traditional Bowhunters of Texas shoot at Denton County Archers, Denton, TX. California start between 9-11AM. 40 targets. I haven't heard what TBOT is charging for an entry fee, but I don't think it's over $15. Discount for TBOT members.

If you need directions to the range, let me know and I'll post 'em.

See equipment/class rules at http://www.tbot.org/index.asp
Old 02-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TBOT Shoot This Sunday

For those who don't know where our range is, here's a link for a map... Just go to the star. Hopefully we'll have a website before too much longer to make things a lot easier for everyone.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=tipps+rd+and+keyes+ln&csz=aub rey+tx&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=
Old 02-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Had a great day! We had 40 shooters show up and brave the 40 mph wind gusts and the morning's single-digit wind chills, ranging in age from 5 to 70+. The targets were set up in what we call "The Bowl" (kind of asmall gravel pit) and in the woods, so we were out of the wind - sorta. By mid afternoon, the temps had risen from 30 to 75, so it got a lot more pleasant as the day wore on.

One of our members brought his atlatl and let folks play with it. We had a clout shoot to win aMorrell bag target. Try gagingarrow flight with a fluflu arrow to land in a 3' square at 90 yards in tail winds gusting up to 40 mph! It was tough, but kinda neat watching the arrows sail.

Got to meet some people and get reacquainted with some old shootin' buddies that I hadn't seen in 4-5 years. Had a fun day and I didn't even shoot! I just wish I hadn't forgotten to take my camera, but it's amiracle that's all I forgot to take with me.[8D]
Old 02-06-2006, 08:18 AM

Sounds like fun!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:08 AM

AP, I tried to make it butthe lack of snow in thePlanesStates made sled dog travel difficult to say the least. Was forced to head back north. [:-]

Sounds like ya had a good time.