Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Your most memorable experience

Old 12-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Your most memorable experience

Well It seams the story I posted was that It went pope and young , It was my first and I was happy I posted this pic, Because it showed us both smileing. With this photo a certian Mod made it seam that it was atrad bow kill and that I was deciveing everyone. Wich was bs as I had already posted the original photo but this same mod deleted the post Because it wasn't trad related. Total crap if you ask me. Anyway they had me hung out to dry before I even new what was going on. After I proved that I didn't try to decive anyone and that I had in fact on more than one ocation stated I had shot it with a compound They reinstated my membership. But many of the old timers on that site wouldn't give me the time of day and many of my posts were just pulled right after I posted them. As far as the hole in the punch , Yes it is the exit wound. In this photo you can see the entrance right in the center of the chest.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:22 PM

I can honestly say that lions scare the crap out of me. In MI “they” say we don’t have any but “some” say they have seen them. I don’t know for sure, but when in the woods the thought dose cross my mind that they may be out there.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Michigan Ha!! I grew up just outside of Saginaw. FYI They are in the Up for sure that has been confermed by the DNR. Road kills Two of them on Hwy 2 . They aren't to bad If they jump you just beat them and yell they will get away from ya. Its the guys that run and try to get away that they get.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:47 PM

"I met a girl in Saginaw MI"

I live in the UP, Marquette to be exact.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:56 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, "they" say there are none of them in MS too, but try telling that to my neighbors that have lost cattle to them! One of them saw a big cat a couple years ago--this guy is normally very tan (farmer), but when he came out he was pale!

They are called "painters" around here (redneck version of panther I reckon), and both the tawny and black have been spotted. I saw something jet black a few years ago deer hunting a few mile from where I live. I couldn't swear that it was a cat, but it had a long tail and moved like a shadow--I just got a glimpse. The only reason I was looking in the right direction was because umpteen deer started blowing all at once, for no apparent reason. Dunno what the consequences would be if someone were to shoot one here. There is no open season, but on the other hand I've never seen anything about them in the regulations period. I guess I couldn't get a ticket for shooting an animal that doesn't exist here, could I?

Chad
Old 12-04-2005, 05:25 AM

See I only have to go and reflect on 3 years... But that too could take me 24 hours...

My first trad hunt...I went out for my first trad hunt in November 03, it was cold windy and snowin', but I was out there with my lil' 38# Longbow and you would have thought I was hunting moose I was so excited.I had deer around me all night, literally a dozen infront of me at one point. But none offered shots. But the coolest thing was when avery respectable 8 walked in and started rubbing on a tree (I paced off) three yards infront of me...he never once offered a shot I was comfortable with...

If not that, my first trad deer, the spike I wrote about (Which- BTW, is mounted on a plaque, all two points) earlier this November. I still get pumped everytime I look at the arrow...