Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

need help with carbons

Old 11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: need help with carbons

I really don't know much about weighting carbons, except I was never very successful with it. Then, I quit messing around with carbon arrows the day I was turned onto Carbon Express Terminators. They've already got the weight, without having to add a bunch of stuff to the shafts.

A 29" Terminator Hunter, size 45-60 with 125 gn tips and 5" feathers will run around 475 gns. Size 60-75 will be a tad over 500 gns with the same stuff. The plain black ones will be a bit lighter.

In my experience, Terminators are MORE durable than ICS carbon arrows. If you get the Select version, they are a lot straighter and more consistent in spine and weight - more accurate and a lot better, in other words -than ICS carbons of equal price. The standard Terminators are still more consistent in spine and weight than carbons, but straightness is comparable to GoldTip Hunters.

Seems like I'm alwaystalking about Terminators but, really and truly, I'm not advertising for them (maybe I need to see if I can get some kickbacks from them though).I really do like the things.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:00 AM

I havn't got a chance to bare shaft test them yet. Right now I am in Iraq and I've already had to send my bow home because we are packing up to leave next month. I will propably have to try the broadhead adapters because I just don't feel comfortable shooting that light of an arrow. I was just wondering if judos and other points glue well to the adapters or just broadheads.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ccarp00, as long as the other points are made to be glued on, they will work with an adapter.

Have a safe trip home, and thanks for your service. I'll kick a liberal in the n-privates in your honor
Old 12-05-2005, 08:01 AM

Rangeball,
Thanks for the help and all the guys say thanks for the liberal kick.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:54 PM

Snowman i just tried what you said and all i can say is WOW!!!!!.I filled one of my Carbon Tech arrows with silicone and shot it out of my Allegiance and it made my already quiet bow more quiet,but the real test was when i shot it out of my Gamemaster and it made that bow almost dead quiet.. The arrows weighed 352 grains before the test and not sure what they weigh now but Sunday morning i will be at the range and if it shoots as good as it sounds i will be filling all my Beman Classics.