Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Traditional Expo

Old 01-21-2002, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Traditional Expo

if i twist my string on my recurve so much that it won't touch the limbs does it count as longbow?
A bow with a brace height longer than my draw probably wouldn't do me any good, so I guess I need to but a longbow. I will have one soon though, soon as I can get that compound sold. I have had an offer of $300, and another for a trade for a Stemmler longbow. Laughed at the first offer, and told the second guy no.
Old 01-21-2002, 03:19 PM

So you guys don't think I can pull a 150# compound? I should be able to pull at least 3 or 4 inches of draw! Dick
Old 01-21-2002, 07:31 PM

Instead of lunch we should just have a tailgate party and a blanket sale in the parkinglot to help Tox sell his wheelbow hehe so he can buy a real bow. You don't need a longbow to join the MLA in fact there are people who would let you borrow one. I have seen people shoot recurves at Calidonia but wood arrows are a must. I shot aluminum my first year there because I didn't know and I had all kinds of offers to borrow wood arrows. These guys are great bunch of fellows and may set you in the right direction.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Jack, I saw'd yer name in Woods-n-water news. I know a celebrity! lol
I guess I am gonna have to try some of them woodies eventually.
Old 01-24-2002, 01:26 PM

Hey Tox, what issue? It's news to me. I'll have to check it out if you give me the issue no.

Jack
Old 01-25-2002, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Jack, it is the February 2002 issue of woods-n-water news. It is on page 111. It is saying contact you or Paul Jalon for more info on the traditional championship. That your home phone? Better not be or else I will call and bug you.
Everybody still on for tomorrow? Gotta get my mom to let me borrow her car cause my truck is still in the shop. Should work out though. Chessbum....should I bring my wheelie to try to sell....lol.

Edited by - Toxophiliac on 01/25/2002 20:27:56
Old 01-25-2002, 09:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2002, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

I just got back a couple hours ago. I bought way to much stuff. I accidently bought 2 dozen feathers in right wing when I need them in left. Anybody want to but a dozen white, and a dozen red trueflight 5" shield cuts, right wing. I will sell em real cheap. E-mail me.
Ohh yea, and I missed the guys. I went to the booth at 11:30 and didn;t really see anybody there, then forgot to come back at 12. I didn't remember until 12:45. Guess I will have to see ya guys some other time. I was looking for fat ugly guys, but there was just to many. JRW is the only person of which I had an idea of appearance, but didn't see him. Ohh well.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:12 PM

Tox, we probably just missed each other. I went to the Mich. Longbow booth about 11:45am, but I didn't see Chessbum or anyone so I left. I had been there since 9:00am. Shot way too many longbows, but I did find one I really liked and will probably order it: Navaho Caddo, 68", Cocobolo riser & Sycamore limbs. Real pretty and a sweet shooter for me. Plus, Roy Hall, the bowyer, seems like a fine gentleman and good businessman. 3-4 mos. wait.

Jack
Old 01-27-2002, 08:51 AM

Got back from the show last night about 7:30 pm. Met Chessbum and had a good talk. Didn't see anyone else. I forgot about the time change from ILL and didn't get to the booth till 12:30.
If my wife finds out how much money I spent, I'm in he doghouse we don't even have one! Didn't buy a bow but I did by a bunch of everything else. It was a good show. Sorry to have missed the others. Dick

Quick Reply: Traditional Expo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.