Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Traditional Expo

Old 01-15-2002, 07:28 AM

Default RE: Traditional Expo

Jason,
Probably on Saturday. Dave and I are going for sure and there are a few more from CBH. Your more than welcome to come with us but you get the back seat of my extended cab. We're only going for the day. Let me know, Dick
Old 01-15-2002, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

I have decided I will get up real early and head out there for the Saturday. Seems like that would be the day to be there. We'll have to work out a place to meet each other. Ought to be a good show, though it is too bad I won't have my tax return by then. I think I am going to find myself a longbow, but I hope to get one quick so I can join some longbow shoots along with the recurve. Looking hard at a Northern Mist. I don't want to spend more that $400.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:12 PM

Tox if you can pick up a used Bear Montana for a hundred bucks you will have a good longbow for the bucks. I have shot alot of longbows of different types and cost and I am impressed with the way that bow handles and am seriously thinking of buying one for bow fishing if I find one. While your there at the Expo go shoot all the new longbows first to find what you like than look around for someone carrying a used one and ask them if it is for sale. Try it out first and look for damage like warps or cracks befor you buy. I have got several good buys on used longbows myself without getting ripped off. Remember people trying to sell bows more than likely are trying to buy a new bow and will tend to be more negotiable (they need the money)which is in your favor. Last year Saturday was more crowded than Sunday. Chessbum
Old 01-15-2002, 09:07 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Dick,

Is it this Saturday?

Shoot me an e-mail. I might be able to go.

[email protected]

JRW
Old 01-17-2002, 06:23 PM

Just to let anyone know that the Timberland Campground Campout is canceled(I will not be there ) and I will be camping in a hotel room for the weekend. It was a great idea before its time. Who ever heard of Traditional Bow Hunters camping out in the winter? Hope to see you all at the Expo.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:24 PM

Oh sign that Chessbum!
Old 01-17-2002, 07:13 PM

Chessbum, Paul Jalon and I are driving over early Saturday AM and will be there only for part of the day, as we have to leave to be back at Detroit Archers for the evening. I'll look for you.

Jack
Old 01-18-2002, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

I am gonna be there from open to they kick me out on Saturday. I might even buy a cool "traditional type" hat to wear. They look stupid as all heck on me but that is half the fun. So look for a tall and skinny dorky kid in a funny hat and odds are it will be me. I think I am gonna shoot every bow I can.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:41 PM

Guys,
JRW, Falcon, And I will be there on Saturday. I'll be the ugly 300lb. guy with the bald head. Hope some of us can meet up. Dick
Old 01-19-2002, 02:36 PM

Look for me Saturday, mid-morning. I'll be the bald, ugly guy, in the Syracuse Sweatshirt.

Jack

Quick Reply: Traditional Expo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.