Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

OK, where is he?

Old 10-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Default OK, where is he?

Ok, I have been impatiently waiting. Where is Arrowsmit? He should be back from his caribou hunt very soon. I keep checking, and no pictures yet. Vic, where ya at man? You get caught up chasing 'bou, and forget to come home? Trying to eat 2 'bou so the baggage isn't so expensive? I think me and Chad could team up and come look for you, with our bows of course. Time for an update Vic. Come out, come out where ever you are.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:49 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: OK, where is he?

Vic's been back a little while now--probably been working O.T. to make up for while he was gone. I know the story, but I'll let him tell it.

Btw, where have you been hiding out Kip? How's your season going? Headed back for moose this year?

Chad
Old 10-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Kip
Fork Horn

No moose hunt this year Chad, gotta get some things taken care of first. Been a very busy fall for me. I just finished running bear baits, and got to sit in a tree to bow hunt for the first time on Thursday. Im off today, so hopefully I make it out this afternoon.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Hiya Kip. Thanks for asking about me. Yep, I'm back from QC & Chads right, been putting in lots of OT so haven't been on the 'puter much. Anyhow, the bowhunting was tough while we were up there. Most of the bulls wereup on the ridges & notusing the river crossings much at all. We hunted the crossings over 1/2 the trip (more than I wanted too), but only saw a handful of cows, calves, & dinks. Up on the vast expanse of ridges, there were a zillion caribou trails & I found out quick that it's hard to predict where the bou will go when (I don't think) they even know themselves. I couldn't get close enough to get the job done on the bou w/a bow, so after 3 small groups of bulls got past me(closest group was prolly 100 yds) on the lastmorning of the hunt,my resolvefinally broke & I resorted to borrowing a30.06.I was fortunate enough to kill twodecent bulls w/the rifle, which is another reason I haven't postedpics here; they are gun kills & have no place on a bowhunting forum.Hunting caribou in N. Quebec w/Jack Hume Adventureswas an experienceI'll always remember, but not exactly what I'd expected.

Good luck on the blackies Kip, keep us posted!!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Hey Vic, sorry it didnt work out as you planned, but at least you got to go, and you did get a bou. Let us know if you decide to post the pics on another forum, I would be interested in viewing.

I didnt have the bear tag this year, my cousin and 2 buddies had tags, so I was designated baiter. My cousin passed up a huge bear the first night, only to kick himself the rest of his time here. I have pics of the bear in the bait, and its a pig. 1 of my buddies had the opportunity, but messed up. The bear was in the bait when he was walking in for an afternoon sit. He walked up to the blind, layed the rifle across the roof, and proceeded to blow a hole in the roof of the blind. [&:] 1 guy is still hunting when he gets a chance, but its not looking good as of right now, but Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

I posted em on the big game forum Kip. Here's the link:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1248283
Old 10-12-2005, 06:39 PM

Gun or bow it dosnt matter, niceanimals. Would love to get up there.

Kip, from da Sue, cool I live in MQT. Make about 3 or 4 trips over in the summer for Sal at the power dam. Must have caught 200 white fish last year. No bears over here, I didnt have a tag either. No deer yet.

Later

If you are interested check out the pics on my freind's site. www.riversnorth.net Look under the July updates.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Vic, those are 2 dandy 'bou's. Congrats. Is there going to be a shoulder mount done on either?

Guss, your bud has a nice website. I recognize where those atlantics came from. We had a ball catching those in June in the Detour area.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:13 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Kip. I'll prolly never get another chance at a caribou, & a friend of mine is a taxidermist & offered me a great deal on mounting em both, so they'rein the freezer at his shop now. I should get em back somewhere around the 1st of the year.