Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

O, the Perils of Technology

Old 10-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default O, the Perils of Technology

My 'puter crashed real bad yesterday. Wound up having to format the hard drive and completely set everything back up. Lost a whole bunch of good bookmarks in the process, but I reckon I'll get 'em back the same way I got 'em in the first place.It has taken about 16 hours total to get everything back working again.

Anywho, if anyone was wondering why I wasn't around today, there's your answer. Tied up in a fist fight with technology.[&:]

At least I was able to shoot a few arrows in the backyard while waiting on stuff to download, so it didn't drive me totally insane.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:09 PM

Default RE: O, the Perils of Technology

If that would have happened to me I would have been using the comp for target practice. My comp is issued to me by my school, so no mater how bad I scew it up I just bring it in and like magic the next day it is fixed .
Old 10-06-2005, 08:49 AM

Gotta love it.
I usually manage to get something nasty and loose my O/S about once a year. Usually takes about 6-10 hours to get everything working properly. Done it so much now I don't even get aggravated anymore. Just grin and dig in. It will teach you patience and I learn something every time.

Hmm...I do wonder how much fun it would be to launch all the scrap arrows into a computer though?? I think it would be very satisfying.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've never shot arrows into a computer, but I did do an experiment on my old fritzed out stereo. Found out what a .58 cal musket will do to a tuner. [8D]