Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Chek-Mate

Old 09-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Chek-Mate

Jeff, since you're just now in the process of wetting your feet, I think I'd be more inclined to recommmend the Atilla rather than the Longhorn. But if you can run across a Falcon, I think that'd be even better for you. A little longer, a bit heavier and more stable, all combined to make it easier to shoot and more consistent.

I've got the Kings Pawn - basically the 64" version of the Falcon - and I really enjoy it. Well, more than that, really.... It's my #1 bow. The Falcon has a higher performance limb design tho... That's the only thing I feel is lacking with the Kings Pawn. Even with it's size, my KP is light. This is the only bow I like to use a bow quiver with, and that's mainly to add some mass weight to it.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Art for the advice....and everyone else...

Chad and I had some discussion last night about the bows...extremely helpful individual. Thank YouChad!

Unfortunately he just didn't have any bows that suited my needs in stock (as opposed to my "wants" i.e. the Longhorn...of which he has two!)

This morning one of the other vendors contacted me (actually not one of the super slow pokes I was complaining about), and said he did have the Atilla I was looking at still in stock.Through the miracles of the internet and paypal, it should be in mymitts next week. 46@ 28, Zebrawood riser, Black Locust limbs.

Again Thanks Chad..def my next Check-Mate is coming from you, bro!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:00 PM

Congrats on the new bow!!!!! I'm sure you will love it!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks DC! ..I'm pretty damn excited to tell ya the truth....

Just made an order for all the other sundry items I need as well...glove...stringer...arrows, points, feathers, nocks, bowsock,etc etc
Old 09-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

PICS!

Jeff, where'd you order the accessories from?

And what broadheads?

I'm torn between the razorcap or 2 blade stingers. Haven't ordered stuff yet cause I just can't make up my mind.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

PICS!

Jeff, where'd you order the accessories from?

And what broadheads?

I'm torn between the razorcap or 2 blade stingers. Haven't ordered stuff yet cause I just can't make up my mind.
Keystone country store...they are usually real quick cos they are only a state away from me...prices are decent too..unfortunately had a message last night on my voicvemail saying my shafts were backordered...gotta get suttin else/find 'em somewhere else now...grrrrrrrr [:@]

right now I'm not worried about broadheads...gotta get back in the groove with my shooting first...so didn't order any...most likely I'll be shooting 125 grain Stingers w/ bleeders...

BTW...3Rivers archery has 100 grain brass inserts for CX/Blackhawks...*and* ST AXIS....some Axis 500s with those inserts and a 125 grain head would be a seriously good hunting arrow for a 40-50 pound bow I'd think....

Bow is supposed to mail out today..will have some pics up next week (fellow didn't have any pics on the website.....I trust people like Arthur and Chad enough to know if they use/believe in it, it'll be a good purchase)