Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Four wheelers...

Old 05-12-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Four wheelers...

I am posting this here because I figure you guys think some what like me because we all soot the hard way. I think four wheelers are starting to become a big problem. This past few days I have been camping on one of my favorit rivers. I drove around a scouted some old roads to see what was going on. These roads are old loging roads that the DNR has the loogers plow in so no trafic, exept foot, can get down them, they also plant them with clover of some other food plants and boy do the animals love them. Well the road blocks only seems to last a few weeks and soon the wheelers are driving over them. I walked one of these roads and noticed that there was little plant life left on the roads. It drives me nuts, dont these people think that if there is a hudge mound of dirt in front of this road that maybe they should get there butt off there bike and walk alittle. I have nothing aginst four wheelers, but they are a tool like a hammer, and I know when to put the hammer away and use somthing else. (I didnt drive on any or these roads)
Old 05-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Four wheelers...

Yepper, 4 wheelers (the drivers NOT the vehicles) sure can be a pain in the A$$!! Big gangs of em ride around the woodlands here, crossing property lines without thought, running OVER fences, leaving trash behind, etc with absolutely no regard for others. I hate to hear em nearby while I'm hunting...& usually pack it in & go home afterwards. GRRRRRRR!!! I'm sure they are very useful when used responsibly, but ppl are dang sure abusing em.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:16 AM

Luckily we really don't have a problem with them around here...... The past few years golf carts have gotten really popular in my neck of the woods and we love them.... Much quieter and less destructive....
Old 05-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

4-wheelers = moving targets

I know. I'm bad. [D] At least I'm not as bad as Paul Brunner. I don't carry little packets of sugar to sabotage their gas tanks.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:14 PM

Sugar packets, HMMMMMMMM, not bad not bad. Spounds like a good way to get shoot. In my area most of them cary the guns loaded on their bikes, not leagle but the do it any way and dont get in any truble.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

One napthalene mothball in their tank and they won't be a problem for long , don't ask how I know that ... [:-]