Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best arrow rest? arrows?

Old 05-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default best arrow rest? arrows?

hey guys how is it going? i have a mathews outback and have been shooting the trophyridge dropaway guide series rest , i wasnt to impressed with it last year i mean it felt nice but my arrows looked to be fishtailing at 45 yards not sure if my arrow broadhead combo was right but was not to inpressed with the little bit of thump in the rest when the rest fell i could feel it in my hand , i was wondering you take on what you think the best rest is out there now ??? and what the best arrow (for shooting 3d ) is on the market ?? thanks in advance

dr kill
Old 05-18-2005, 11:07 AM

Default RE: best arrow rest? arrows?

HI DRKILL readyrest hands down is the best on the market
Old 05-18-2005, 12:12 PM

I have to put in my vote for the Trophy Taker/ Shakey Hunter fall away rest. I've only had mine for 3 days, but I love it!

I also have had great luck with my Carbon Force Extreme arrows.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

According to most people, you have a pretty good rest already. It sounds like it needs some fine tuning, or maybe your arrows do. I know there were some threads about silencing them as well, but I couldn't come up with it by searching. There are other good rests as well, but you should be able to get good results with the one you have.

Drop Zone
Old 05-18-2005, 02:36 PM

MZE.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I like the Quick tune drop away 2000 or 4000 (same rest), and the Mz zero effects. The drop zone seems to be the new rage. I have not shot one, but have heard nothing but great things about them.

AS other have suggested, sounds more like a tuning problem with the fish tailing. Id check arrow spine, straightness of shaft, broad head, center shot, along with all that other fun stuff before I went and spent more money on a new rest. Unless you just want to try something new.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I loved my whisker biscuit.!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:26 PM

A whisker biscuit and Easton Axis arrowss works for me!
Old 05-19-2005, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard nothing but positive feedback on the dropzone but i've never used one so i don't know. I tried several other drop away rest and a whisker biscuit but none of them just never caught on for me. I guess i'm old school but when i try something and it's all over and done with i always end up with my old but trusty GKF Golden Premier back on my bow. If and when i buy a new rest it will be the GKF Infiniti or another Premier. I'll admit it does get to be a pain replacing the shrink tubing on the prongs but i've never had a tuning issue with the premier and it has always performed flawless in every way. As for shafts, when i made the switch from alum to carbon i started out with Goldtips and thats what i still use and they too have served me well. Would love to try the ACC's but they are just a little out of my price range, maybe one day!
Old 05-20-2005, 05:55 AM

I have the Rip Cord and it is an great rest!

Quick Reply: best arrow rest? arrows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.