Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PRO Shop attitudes - justified or not?

Old 05-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PRO Shop attitudes - justified or not?

theres a shop in auburn i wont say names but i go in there and hes snappy i called about a league hes like we shoot at 40 yards!! soo hes sol and now i go to one in camilus
Old 05-07-2005, 10:07 PM

I agree with you Len. Some people deserve to be treated "bad", I wouldn't let them screw you, ask them to leave. I don't go to a archery shop for many reasons. 1. I have to drive 45 minutes to get to one. 2. His prices are 20% higher than mail order 3. I get it faster through mail order than he does (He keeps almost no stock) 4. His technical help is about as useful as an owners manual. 5. I bought my bow there and he charges me 10 bucks an hour to shoot[:'(]. 6. When I ask him to order something, he ask me why I want that, I shoot this... If I ask for your opinion you give it, if not don't make smart comments about how "dumb" I am for wanting it. I don't knock going to a shop, I just don't have a good one to go too. If you were around here I would go to you. You know what you are about, and that is part of your price.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fell'in any better today, Len.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought my bow there and he charges me 10 bucks an hour to shoot
Dang, ewolf, the fella sold you a bow, he didn't adopt you! But it'd flat tick me off if I had to face the Inquisition every time I wanted to order something. That 'this is what I shoot and you should do the same' attitude a lot of places have.... That'll keep me from coming back.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

There's alway's 2 side's of the story.
For instance I like to support my bowshop ,but they make it hard when you go there to buy a bow and they sell you a bow that's a year old and charge you the same money that the newer model is .When I ask them to get me a accessory that they don't have in the shop ,it take's them month's not week's to get it ,or they forget to order it .I know these guy's are very busy and are only human ,but these type of thing's have happened severel time's to me from the same shop .If they want my money then they should treat me accordingly.
I ordered new pin's for my Spott Hogg last October ,they told me that they would order them and that they would be in in a couple week's ,So that's not a big deal 2 week's is O.K. ,but I had to ask 6 time's and alway's got the run around .I called Spott Hogg and they told me that there hadn't been an order for these pin's placed from this destributor that supplies my shop .I asked the shop again and the very next week guess what show's up ? Yep! my pin's ,it's now May and I just recieved my pin's .8 Monh's for a set of pin's. The same thing happened to me with a set of insert's for a set of arrow's that I had sitting here ,I ordered them last Sept and I still haven't recieved them,I've only asked about 20 time's and they keep telling me that they ordered them ,but haven't arrived . I finally found them at Bass Pro last week .
I totally understand where your coming from Len ,I'm just saying That some shop's are also very neglagent and don't deserve our business sometime's .I can't wait month's for my accessories ,I need them quicker than that .

nubo
Old 05-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think a lot of times, guys expect a shop to give them "special" treatment just because they bought a bow there. Now, dont get me wrong, I expect to treated well when I put down 700.00 for a bow, but I don't expect the shop owner to try to bend the rules to make me happy by lying to a rep or whatever just to get something fixed that was my fault. Too many guys expect a shop to do whatever is possible to fix something. I don't own a shop, but I do realize what's at stake if you call a bow manufacturer and tell them some lie to get something fixed. Not good business.

The problem is, guys don't want to hear it. If a shop tells them that its going to cost such and such an amount to repair something, they get pissed off saying the shop is at fault. They give the shop an attitude, and I think its fair for the shop owner to have an attitude with them as well.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

buying a bow or no bow 10 bucks and hr is alot to shoot for an hr
and me personaly if you dont like me or give me atitude i dont care dont tryand be nice when you need something
Old 05-08-2005, 03:57 PM

FYI, we charge $6/hr for a heated/air conditioned/well lighted range.

It seems like attitude is a major issue and stems from personality conflicts as well as expectations. I think I see a lot more aggravation towards archery shops than towards Marts, mass merchants, and catalog sales. Is it because the shop is smaller and many want to become more personal with it?

I just had a guy on another forum tell me that I had "the personality of a small soapdish". I told him that he was probably right on that assessment because I can be a real 'bear' under certain circumstances. I asked him not to let personality conflicts override workmanship and offered a public apology for however I acted. I doubt that he'll accept my apology, but it was offered in good faith.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your probably correct Len,I guess there's a little more agrivation to getting satisfction from a mart store and alot of people just don't feel like it's worth the problem . As for a small shop such as your's, these guy's know that they're getting right to the source, and not having to go through severel people to get thier point across. I do agree as well that people trust in their shop's in a personal level for the accessories that they purchase ,knowing that if anyone has the proper answer's it will be the proshop. Sure they may pay lesser for some accessories from the mart ,but they also take the responsability of purchasing something that the mart store has no idea about ,so if it isn't what they expected ,then they know that they made the soul decision on purchasing it on their own, without help from the staff .
As for the soap dish thing ,well I guess he buy's from the mart store LOL

nubo
Old 05-08-2005, 05:11 PM

Anytime you work retail, you get all kinds of folks. I've had people ask for the phone #'s of competitors or ask if the can get the same item cheaper at another store. I just try to remember that if someone is rude or stupid in general, they're not just that way when they're in my store. Working retail has given me an appreciation of how to treat people that I keep in mind when I'm asking someone else for help.

Quick Reply: PRO Shop attitudes - justified or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.