Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 09-17-2002, 10:03 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-17-2002, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Steelheads grouping problems

Any chance it's a grip torque issue? Are the arrows the same (remove field tip, screw in steelhead, shoot)? Are you wearing any hunting clothes or gloves for your broadhead practice?

If not, I have no clue.

Old 09-17-2002, 10:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-17-2002, 10:20 AM

What is the change at 20 and 30 yards? If there is non then I would adjust the 40 yard pin to the point of impact.
If the 20 and 30 yard shots are also drifting then check the rest for centershot as it sounds like the rest is too far left causing the center of the arrow shaft to be pointing and shooting to the left.
I had this problem when I first got my recurve as I ordered it to be centercut so I could use my compound arrows and a duplicate rest. It wasn't and the rest caused the same type of drifting as you are experiencing.

Greg

"Getting close to the game is the joy of Bowhunting for me, the harvest is a bonus."

Live 15 ft Python after eating a small Antelope!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Although I don't use them (am considering them hard, though) this is the first report I've ever read of them not hitting spot for spot with field points. A call to Rocket may be in order for you. I'd be curious to hear what they had to say.

Old 09-17-2002, 11:10 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

First time I have heard this as well. It is entirely possible that your insert/shaft, etc... aren't lined up correctly. As with any fixed blade broadhead this can lead to poor accuracy and consistancy. The Steelhead still has some exposed blade surface though it may not be much. This small amount may be having an impact on arrow flight if your insert/shaft/head are not lined up correctly though it is minimal as shown by the fact that you aren't experiencing it at any range closer than 40 yards.

Just a possibility.

Old 09-17-2002, 11:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

For what it's worth, I couldn't get a WB to work for my set up at all. I went drop away and haven't looked back.

Old 09-17-2002, 11:48 AM

CNDMAT,
Glad to be able to!

Greg

"Getting close to the game is the joy of Bowhunting for me, the harvest is a bonus."

Live 15 ft Python after eating a small Antelope!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.