Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Small game points?

Old 04-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Small game points?

I was wondering with my new Bowtech ALlegiance that I can accuretly shoot them judo points with the blunt tip in center and hooks on outside to catch the grass when you miss. Just wondering if anyone has tried to use these with their bow, I am shooting CX200 arrows with 100 grain
Old 04-26-2005, 08:10 PM

Default RE: Small game points?

I have not tried them, but I have heard they work great. If you miss they will catch the grass.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to shoot them at rabbits many moons ago. They were as accurate as fieldpoints as far as I could tell. When they grab grass they usually flip right over.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:48 AM

YES! these things are awesome. They work great, fly exactly like your field point. I have been shooting a 100 grain one on a Carbon Force 300 arrow. I have probably shot it over 500 times in the last two weeks. Haven't lost it yet. It will allow the arrow to burrow somewhat in LONG grass. A good trick is to put a little blaze orange spray-paint on your "judo-arrow" to help you find it.

There are 3 of us that are going boar hunting this summer. We have been practicing with the Judo points by kicking an old basketball around a grassy field and shooting it with the Judos. Believe it or not, that judo point flies right through both sides of that basketball. Several times it makes a complete passthrough and sticks in the grass.

I shot a groundhog last week at about 15 yards with this Judo point. Through both sides and pinned it to the ground so it couldn't escape down the hole!

I suggest you get the original Judo point made by Zwickey Archery. My shop sells them for $7 for 2 points in the package. My buddy bought some other off-brand and the little spring arms have come off both heads.

Have fun, Kev
Old 04-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

they work well. I used them on rabbits and the errant bird. don't try them on whistle pigs though...they only get mad after the hit, carry a broadhead for that (whistle pig =groundhog for those that may not know)
Old 04-27-2005, 04:43 PM

zwickey makes the best one, there great in grass or soil forest floors but if you are using them in a rocky area or along a gravel road i would suggest blunts.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:22 PM

hoyt3,

The only thing this whistlepig was mad about, was getting shot. The Judo point is great for groundhogs. It doesn't break after going through the animal and sticking in the dirt like broadheads sometimes do.

You know, when that Judo point with its four wire arms on it goes through an animal, it really shreds a nice hole that bleeds out the animal quickly.

Kev
Old 04-28-2005, 01:13 PM

can you use the 100 grain tips with carbon arrows? It says they are for aluminum.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:57 PM

Yes you can use 100 grain points for carbon arrows. They say this because they are a bigger diameter, as are aluminums. If you shoot these into a target the point will rip the stuffing out of it (no pun intended). If you can find some points, whether they are aluminum or not, that fit your arrows then you can shoot them. By fitting the end of the tip must not hang over the shaft on the sides.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:08 AM

I'm shooting these 100 grain Judos on a Carbon Force 300-Extreme shaft. It is bigger in diameter than the shaft. This doesn't cause me any trouble because I don't shoot it into a target. I only use it for shooting at stumps, bunch grass, old basketballs, small game,.....whatever.

Do yourself a favor and try a Judo point if you haven't yet. They're a real blast!