Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

noise/vibration help?

Old 04-26-2005, 05:41 PM

Default noise/vibration help?

How can I furthur reduce vibration from my limbs, I have limbsaver ultras on them but am still getting some vibraton. Sometimes there isn't any, and then several shots later I might be getting more vibration, and then several shots later no vibration. Is this normal. Shouldn't the limbsavers work all the time. Any insight on what I can do to help fix this would be appreciated[:-]
Old 04-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: noise/vibration help?

What is your current set up?
What bow?
What Poundage?
What arrows?

Might have some Ideas, just need more info before I can offer them to ya.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put an STS on your bow. If that doesn't help, sell the bow
Old 04-26-2005, 09:52 PM

Are you positive the vibration is coming from the limbs? My quiver bracket gets loose sometimes and causes erratic vibrations like you mention.

I would check every bolt on your bow and its accessories to make sure everything is snug. Also, the way I grip the bow makes a difference (at least to me) on the amount of heard and felt vibration. Is your grip consistent?

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check the tightness of the "e" clips on the axle ends. If one is vibrating it can be a come and go noise.
If you are shooting a bow with a draw length module check to make sure the bolts are tight and you might as well add some lock-tite (blue) while your at it.

Good luck with it.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

I was going to mention the sts system. I haven't heard one negative about this system, and I'll be getting one soon enough.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:00 AM

I've heard SO much praise about the STS System, but I can't follow that 'piper'.

I've done some testing on it. Although I've found some positive results in shock and vibration dampening, I've found increases in string noise and cases where the tune is totally disrupted. These incidents seem to occur as the poundage increases to average hunting poundage and above.

I've had these problems verified by others trying to sell this product. Funny thing is, I appear to be the ONLY one on every forum that I visit to post any negative information.

I'm approaching this product with skepticism.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:32 AM

If you are shooting a relatively light arrow, you could increase your arrow weight. I have not had any tuning issues with the STS thus far, but it does seem to increase string noise just a bit. It definitely illiminates all vibration and shock on my Liberty.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Len, just curious, how is it that only one person says this? because I have yet to buy one and do not want to be disappointed. everyone says it reduces everything all around and does not affect the bow. I'd be interested in hearing what tests were performed, on what equipment, and that sort of thing. purely for the data aspect of it, plus my forty bucks.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:34 AM

If you are shooting a bow with a draw length module check to make sure the bolts are tight and you might as well add some lock-tite (blue) while your at it.
I was going to suggest this as well. The Bowtech's modules screws have been known to come loose and cause some vibration.

Quick Reply: noise/vibration help?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.