Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

WHAT IS THE BEST AND FASTEST ARROW??

Old 09-16-2002, 09:31 PM

Default WHAT IS THE BEST AND FASTEST ARROW??

THINKING ABOUT CHANGING FROM MY ACC'S...WHAT SHOULD I GO WITH..I WANT SOMETHING FASTER
Old 09-16-2002, 09:33 PM

Default RE: WHAT IS THE BEST AND FASTEST ARROW??

Easton Redlines
Old 09-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

why do you want something faster?
Old 09-16-2002, 11:07 PM

I shot acc's then moved to Redlines then hyperspeeds.Great arrows Hyperspeeds were faster and flew great but could not stand up to the punishment of 3D. I was going through 3 each shoot, the cost started to add up. Redlines are not cosistent enough by weight or streightness. I tried Carbon Express 3D selects this summer and they were great,they were as light as the Hyperspeeds and the consistancy in weight and steightness were as advertized. I had two broken arrows all summer and they were my falt because I was shooting at the same spot.Try them you will not be disapointed.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-18-2002, 08:31 AM
nub

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>THINKING ABOUT CHANGING FROM MY ACC'S <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Why?
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I WANT SOMETHING FASTER <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Buy a gun! ACC's will be hard to beat without sacrificing something else.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Nub. Speed isn't everything. ACC's are the only arrow that publishes it's SPINE tolerance. This is more important than weight or straightness tolerances. As matter of fact, try to find out what the spine tolerances are for the all-carbon shafts. Let us know how you make out.

Old 09-19-2002, 10:52 AM

Carbon Express CXLs are pretty light for the spine needed. I use the CX 3D selects though...a bit tougher.
Also, for some small but real gains, try some speed balls (or lots of nocks)
Old 09-19-2002, 09:32 PM

ok..i will stay with the acc...but i will drop to 3-49..i bought the 3-60 years ago...anyone want them???
Old 09-19-2002, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lemond33

I'm sure you know this but make darn sure the 3-49's will spine right for you.That is the most important factor over speed or weight.A little stiff is fine but a little on the light side with a broadhead could get very frustrating at best.If the 3-60's were ok then I would doubt that a 3-49 is going to be good for you.

I really don't think you need to get caught up in speed.It is fine but don't sacrifice a proper setup to get it.Really all your talking about is most likely less than 10 fps gain and that really isn't much.

Edited by - tfox on 09/19/2002 23:44:54

Quick Reply: WHAT IS THE BEST AND FASTEST ARROW??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.