Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

lock tight?

Old 04-23-2005, 09:11 AM

Default lock tight?

I read some things before about some stuff i think was called lock tight. I'm guessing its some kind of glue? Well anyways people were saying that after they get their bow tuned and sited in they use this stuff to keep things from moving? Can anyone tell me more on this?
Old 04-23-2005, 01:50 PM

Default RE: lock tight?

QTomkins,
Yeah, it's used as a threadlocker on nuts and bolts. You clean the male and female threads, put a drop or two on the threads then tighten. Works good, I used some on my bow.

There are two or three, (maybe more) grades of lock-tite. There is one that is a red liquid that once it dries you need to heat with a torch to loosen it again. Then there is the blue liquid that dries and sticks well, but you can break it loose with a wrench. This is the one you want for your bow. Go to your local auto parts store, they'll have it for around $3.

Hope this helps, Kev
Old 04-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lock tight?

The Loctite you want is #242. It's blue, but usually comes in a little red tube. Look for the number.