Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Twister help

Old 04-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default Twister help

After reading all the praise on the twister I decided to get one. I got it in the mail yesterday and trying to put it on today. The instructions that came with the rest do not even relate to the twister. I am not an expert bow tech and need some help understanding how to install the darn thing. I understand the bolt the rest on the riser but the rest of the set up is not covered in any form or fassion in the instructions. Anyone that can help out wtih this? I was excited about the rest but now I am irritated at the lack of instalation instruction.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Twister help

If I remember correctly the instructions are found inside the packaging......I think you need to unfold the display sheet?
Old 04-21-2005, 01:03 PM

Theres some instructions on the company web page that have directions for all 3 styles
Old 04-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

I opened it up and unfolded the insert. It shows a fixed rest, Not a twister! It shows how to assemble a rest from scratch. But the twister comes pre assembled. No indication on where to attach the cord. This is my first drop away rest and have no idea on how to set it up. Connections, timing etc.... At rest, is your arrow supposed to be cradled by the support arms or does the arrow rest on shelf?
Old 04-21-2005, 02:15 PM

At rest the cradle is down and the arrow rests on the shelf. Attatch the string (on the rest) to either the cable slide (of your cable slide has an attachment point) or serve it into the down cable. After you tie or serve the string you can adjust the length of it by loosening and tightening the screw located where the string goes through the rest. You want the tension to be that, when you draw your bow the cradle tops out (stops lifting) about an inch before you hit full draw. And generally you want the arrow to be at the same level as the berger holes in your riser. Left and right you can adjust by loosening the black clamp that holds the cylinder (bass tube thing) and tightening / loosing the little screw that brings the rest in and out. It is located on the outside of the rest in front of the twisting part. A little silver screw I beileve. THat is about the best I can do explaining it. I have to head to class pretty quick. Just play around with it for a while and you'll figure it out. Or take it in to a proshop
Old 04-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys... I got it figured out now! But I have run out of time to shoot it. I will just have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm a bit confused as to what you'r having problems with. Please elaborate more on what you don't understand.

Basically i mounted mine with the mounting bar square on the bow. Then, nock an arrow and make sure it is square with center of the berger hole or as close as you can tell. Then twist the launcher up and make a vertical adjustment to the prongs to lift the arrow up until the bottom of your arrow is centered in the berger hole. This should get you close and you can then recheck that your nocking point on the string is where it needs to be. If you're mounting this on a bowtech with a slide that has a tab on it, you can use this to attach your cable to.

I love mine, its the best hunting rest I've shot to date. Accurate, quiet and strong.