Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

J.A.M. String's and Cable's

Old 04-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default J.A.M. String's and Cable's

Guy's !

I'm just wanting to lets you all know that we have a new String maker on our forum .I recieved an e-mail fromk John Mraz [Gibblet] last winter telling me that he was going to try and make some string's and cable's and would like to have some guy's off our forum to try them out and give a short review on them for him.

John and I spoke by phone previous to any measurement's. I found John to be an excellent guy to speak with ,now since I was green to changing string's an cable's he walked me through it with ease . I first started with taking my tiller,brace and Axle to axle measurement's
John helped me with taking the measurement's on my string and cable's in order to be sure of getting the proper string length and cable length.We went over it a couple of time's just to make sure that the measurement's were correct .
After a week I had recieved my new string and cable's and was now wading into a whole new experience for me .I've never really gotten into the technical side of working on my own bow other than to adjusting my sight's and arrow rest .
I started by putting the string on first ,and then taking my tiller,brace and axle to axle measurement's again just to find they were right on .I then went out and shot my bow a few time's and was getting frusturated that my peep was not rotating the way it should.So I called John and he told me that I should shoot it about 40 or 50 time's before even thinki9ng of putting the peep in because the string needed time to settle in before it would rotate accordingly ,John was right after about 40 shot's when I put the string in the peep fell into position and rotated the way it should .Every time I called John was there to give me the proper instruction's and that felt great to know that help wasn't far away when I needed it .
The next was to change the cable's and this proved to be the difficult part ,since again I was green at this type of technical work . I put the cable's on and then this was where I got lost ,I wasn't aware of the timing issue until John mentioned it to me,and now all my measurement's were off. I had a book here written by Larry Wise and this book had the information that I needed and again John was there to help when I needed the minor little adjustment's ,now that the string and cable's are on I realize that this job wasn't as difficult as I thought and now I've learned alot about my bow in the meantime. Again the peep went out of rotation until I shot it another 30 or 40 time's with a little fidgeting it once again fell back into place . I've now got about 600 or so shot's on my new string's and cable's and I have no creep or any other problem's with my string and cable's John made my string and cable's from 452X and so far I definetly am impressed with John and his string making abilities . My serving measurement's are all correct and have stood up to my abuse of putting them on and off many time's during this time of learning .
The serving is still top notch shape and has not seperated on either cam's or from the center serving since I shoot from the string. There doesn't appear to be any damage to any of the center serving's ,but I'm sure whether the string's and cable's were made from Vapour Trail or Winners Choice or J.A.M strings shooting from the string will cause some fraying of some sort sooner or later ,but after 600 shot's or so these string and cable's are working now flawlessly . I'll keep a very close watch on the next 300 shot's and see what happen's ,but I must say for anyone in the market for new string's and cable's ,I'd definetly speak with John {Gibblet} about getting a set made from them .John is definetly an excellent guy to speak with and is very knowledgable on how they should be installed and how you need to take the proper measurement's before and after .
What I've forgotten to mention was after I installed the cable's I was having a difficult time in getting my brace and axle to axle back to where it as before I started to install .I called John and he helped me with this and he also biult me another string a 1/4 in longer and sent it to me again with in a week . As thing's turned out it was un necessary ,but now I have another spare and I definetly appreciated his commitment to making this change as painless as possible for me .
This experience has taught me alot about my bow and has been a complete success for me as well.

For anyone wishing to speak with Gibblet about new string's and cable's ,I've attached his e-mail address .Send him an e-mail ,I'm sure you'll be just as satisfied as I am .Again I can't say just what an excellent guy John is to deal with .Give him a try .I'm sure J.A.M. string's will do just fine in the market today with all the other excellent companies out there .

Congratulation's John and thank's for everything I certainly appreciate your top notch advice ,it definetly was good dealing with you .

[email protected]
J.A.M. String's and cable's

John Edwards
A.K.A. nubo
Old 04-20-2005, 12:41 PM

Default RE: J.A.M. String's and Cable's

i really, really appreciate the nice words john, and i'm glad the set is working out well for you. i'm going to put an ad in the classifieds in about a week with prices. john mraz
Old 04-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: J.A.M. String's and Cable's

bmp