Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtechies, any danger here

Old 04-20-2005, 04:39 AM

Default bowtechies, any danger here

i've been thinking about making a cable for my pat like the hoyts, with a floating yoke. think there is any danger in this, or do you think its a bad idea? (if you could include why i would appreciate it)
Old 04-20-2005, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtechies, any danger here

After setting up my fathers new Grizzly this weekend and seeing his floating yoke, I thought about this too. Very curious to know what others think about this. I don't see why it would hurt but who knows...........
Old 04-20-2005, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

I would stick with the standard yoke on your Bowtech.

Generally bow manufacturers design their cable systems for the best performance for the particular bow in question. The Hoyts seem to perform the best with the floating yoke cable, however I don't think I would put one on a Bowtech.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:05 AM

any technical info on why it may not be a good idea anyone?

maybe i'll write todd and/or pat.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

One negative I can see is that if you have any cam lean and need to twist up one side of the yoke to square up the idler you can do it with the floating yoke. It'll just keep centering itself as you shoot.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:11 AM

rick, i just heard back from pat d at bowtech. he said he wasn't sure if it would offer advantages or not. he said i may be on to something. as soon as i get caught up with strings for other people i'm going to make myself one and check it out. i'll let you know how it goes. i'll probably get it done on sunday. if its awesome i'll make you one (for a small fee, hehehehe)
Old 04-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

rick, i just heard back from pat d at bowtech. he said he wasn't sure if it would offer advantages or not. he said i may be on to something. as soon as i get caught up with strings for other people i'm going to make myself one and check it out. i'll let you know how it goes. i'll probably get it done on sunday. if its awesome i'll make you one (for a small fee, hehehehe)
Let me know, I would try it out for ya as long as it's not too expensive and as long as I don't have any shoots immediately after that I would have to retune for.