Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which BowTech?

Old 04-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which BowTech?

I have decided to jump the Hoyt ship and try a BowTech! What do you think is BowTech's best hunting bow? I really like the Patriot and actually shot and fell in love with a Patriot dually last year. Now I see BowTech is only offering the Patriot as a single cam. I also like the Allegiance and the Liberty too. Any input will be appreciated, it seems there are too many BowTech's to choose from.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which BowTech?

The best thing to do is find a shop that has the whole range in stock and go shoot each one and then pick the one that feels the best and fits you
Old 04-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats part of the problem because the two closest dealers sale the durn things so fast!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to add something in my first post. How is the draw length adjusted on the 2005 Patriot, Allegiance and Liberty? I have found an Allegiance with less than 100 shots on it that I can get for a good price but the draw length is too short.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:51 AM

You'll need complete different cams to change the draw length on the Allegiance. On the Patriot or other single cam, you only need to change a module.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I was afraid of on the Allegiance. How difficult is the module change on the single cams?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:59 AM

Very easy,, two screws and no bow press is needed

Good luck with your choice
Old 04-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Patriot, and while I love it, my next Bowtech will be an Old Glory or whatever longer ATA/higher brace height dual cam bow they have at that time. The Patriot is a VERY fast bow, and should be an excellent hunting bow, however I feel with my 29" draw and the short 33" ATA that the bow leaves a bit to be desired in the forgiveness area. Don't get me wrong, I can shoot the patriot just as well as any bow out there when I am on top of my game, however a simple screw up on hand torque or shot follow through will send that shot flying. It is fine for out to 35 yards, I can easily keep the arrows in a 4" circle at that distance, however I really want a bow for spots and 3D that will allow me a bit more forgiveness. For hunting purposes though, I don't see anything yet that I would consider trading my Patriot for.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:43 PM

I REALLY like my Old Glory. After the cam change, early on in the run, the brace went to about 7 3/4", with the same published ATA. My speed at 29.5" and 60 #'s max is 305. This bow holds well for me and drives tacks. I am eagerly looking forward to elk hunting this fall with this bow. It just shoots smooth. And that 305 is a quiet 305. Add a heavy hunting arrow and the only thing you will hear is *thump* as it nails the ribcage. Try this bow, you will like it.

JMAC
Old 04-22-2005, 12:05 AM
c j
Typical Buck

Well, I would LOVE to get my hands on an Old Glory, but I found out that Libertys look really nice when photo'd next to certain things:

Quick Reply: Which BowTech?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.