Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Sims Crossbow String Leach

Old 04-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sims Crossbow String Leach

I just wanted to give everyone a quick FYI. I've been shooting my Allegiance for a couple months now and I didn't get much more than 200 or so shots out of the factory Hush Kit string silencers before they blew off. I swapped them out a couple weeks ago with a set of the crossbow leaches that Sims came up with this year. I have a lot of shots through them since weather is nice now and can't see any visible signs of wear as of yet. Initially, these were designed for crossbows, but Hoyt is using them on their bows from the factory. They are a bit beefier in design and seem to really be holding up well.

I"m sure they will eventually blow off, but they are much better than the Leaches of past years. They dampen just as good, if not a tad better then the old ones as well. I don't have an old set to compare so its hard to say which ones do a better job.

So far so good.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:37 PM

Default RE: Sims Crossbow String Leach

I have probably shot my Allegiance about 1,000 times. I am only missing 3 arms from the lower silencer. I know why I am losing them. That silencer was on the string instead of on the serving. I moved them on the serving and haven't had an arm break off since.