Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

moving knock

Old 04-17-2005, 02:54 PM

Default moving knock

I asked the shop to put a loop on my bow and they did, they also put a brass knock in there i guess to keep the bottom of the loop from sliding up. Well to be tuned the loop and knock need moved down, how do i do this? Move the brass knock and loop down that is. I tried to get the loop losened with some pliers but couldn't get it, and as for the knock i didn't even try.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:14 PM

Default RE: moving knock

The brass nock is not really needed with the string loop. At this point it is just adding weight and slowing down the string. Yes, the loops are a bear to move when required. I find it easier sometimes to get them close and make the small adjustments with the rest, if you have the clearance.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:59 AM

the rest is unforunately already moved all that it can be moved.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

to move the loop you just spin it , the serving is actually like the threads on a pipe and the loop is holding on. spin it one way it goes up, spin it the other, it goes down. To move the nock point, you need to loosen it, slide and tighten.

There are reasons for having the nock there, though I haven't seen a brass one, usually its a small tied in one. It moves the center line of the pull slightly and puts a slight downward pressure on the arrow while you draw, helps keep it on the rest during the draw. Its becoming very popular.

--Bob