Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Does paper tuning find the centershot?

Old 04-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does paper tuning find the centershot?

Zak, one of the easiest and accurate methods to check center shot is to do the following. Shoot one arrow at 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 yards using your 20 yard pin on the same aiming point. Your arrow should be in a straight line down the bales. If your pattern moves off to one side or the other you need to adjust your rest in small increments in the same direction you arrow tail off.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

How can I tell that my cams are leaning
Hold an arrow on the side of the cam . It should line up wih your string or be close , if not you may need new bearings or axils . One bow that has built in cam lean is the boetech pro 40 wheely .
Old 04-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Straightarrow, yep, thats exactly what I'm doing. I prefer using a broadhead tipped arrow so I know for a fact, that when I put broadheads in my quiver, they are going to be right with the field points since I initially tuned my bow for such flight.

I find bareshaft tuning to be beneficial, however, one must take into account a small amount of drop due to the lack of weight at the nock end of the arrow.. And if you put duct tape on the shaft to compensate, then its really not a bare shaft, is it?
Old 04-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are bows that it is almost impossible to get it shooting true center shot and have the pins lined up because of torque.BUT what Art is saying is correct.These short a-a bows and highly reflexed 1 cam bows are HARD to get adjusted properly but MOST can be adjusted properly(some of the older magnesium riser are VERY hard to set up properly and in many cases require EXTREMELY stiff arrows).IT HAS TO BE DONE AT FULL DRAW.

To answer your question,center shot CAN NOT BE FOUND WITH PAPER.paper can be used to check your form,spine,and it is also useull in checking to some extent tune.If you ever move your arrow from centershot to acheive a bullet hole,THEN YOU NEED TO ADDRESS SOME OTHER ISSUES.

ps,My Protec is lined up straight down the middle of the pin.I tuned the bow,selected the spine and even had it rechecked on a shooting machine after I was done and was told I had it perfect.As a result I get bulletholes.[]