Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

FastestBows.com...Check it out!!!

Old 01-10-2002, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: FastestBows.com...Check it out!!!

Stodr-

This is what has escaped me, I cannot remember all of the details and why I am interested in looking at one again. At the time we passed the one around,(I think around the mid 80's) it was thought to be a "fad" and due to the fact that you had to shoot some heavy arrows and had to be very careful with it never thought much about it and quickly dismissed it after we played with it awhile. It was a goofy looking critter, looked something like a Hoyt Tec riser the way it was all trussed to accomodate the handle and rods. It had a handle positioned on two steel rods and around these two rods recessed into the handle there were teflon bushings. The whole handle slid forward on the rods, and it acted as a power-assist as you pushed the handle forward, and then there was an actuating lever that you pulled with your handle finger once at full draw. This allowed the full force of over 100lbs into the bow for release. If something happened where you could not shoot, you could re-activate the trigger and let down 70lbs again. All of the rest of the technology I'm trying to remember and cannot, so maybe I will just have to buy one to recall it all, or at least see a pic of one again. As stated, I do remember thinking how such a design could actually work great with a little help, maybe after seeing one again after all these years it will jog my memory. If anyone has a pic and could send it or post it here it would be appreciated. Good shooting, P12
Old 01-10-2002, 05:01 PM

stodr,
I checked out the bowtechs at bedford last year. Have the drawlength's been corrected since then? They were long, very long. When I talked to the rep he said that he knew they were long and that they may have been mis-marked. I just think that you should check the draw length on any bow before shooting it through the chrono. The writers for the bow publications never check for actual draw lengths they just accept the number on the limb tag as fact. I'm not saying that Bowtech is the only company guilty of stretching the truth but they are the company that talks more about speed than the others. All the bow makers should follow the lead of Merlin and Revolution and tell the public the actual facts.
This is still a public forum is it not? So stodr, I think I'll reply regardless of your bias views.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have yet to measure the true draw length on my Pro38, but it "Feels" dead on 30"......I did measure my BowTech "Mighty Mite" and it actually came up a hair short of 30"....like 29.9 something or other. I also got speeds within their advertised range thru 2 different chronos. My best friend's "Tech29" measures out at 28 1/8" for a 28" model......a hair over.

I had heard that the draw lengths were long right across the board for 2000( I don't know first hand), but it appears that for 2001 they were at least within an eigth of an inch of advertised length.(at least in the 2 cases I checked)
Old 01-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

mine is a 2001 model and measures a perfect 29.
Ron
Old 01-11-2002, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 2000 models did draw long but thats a long story (no pun intended). The 2001's draw right on with the exception of the BK2 it drew a little long. My single cam Pro 38 with a 29" mod draws 28 7/8" and my Tech 29 with a 28" mod draws 27 7/8" The bows will shoot their advertised speed at their correct measured draw length.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:16 AM

Thanks Matt/PA and BowTech shooter for setting the record straight.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

With regards to the speed thing and saying that they can't shoot it accurately is that they are not good enough to handle it. It may be touchy or as some say not accurate is because they are not good enough to shoot it. If you put a bowtech whatever one you want in a hootershooter and they will shoot with any bow out there. So that just proves that when someone says its not accurate or touchy or whatever is because there skill level Is not up to it should not say it is not an accurate bow but should say just that I am not good enough for this bow.

Brian
Old 01-11-2002, 07:26 PM

I could shoot a short ata short brace height compound with no quam's, all olympic shooters do is work on form and relaxed hands arms you name it. Does this mean I want to shoot a less forgiving bow when I can shoot something with as much speed, with a higher brace, longer ata that will forgive me when I totally mess a shot to heck. I don't know about anyone else but Im gonna take the longer ata bow and run with it. The thing is when you are shooting for points and I means points like maybe 1 or 2 points, in vegas I don't think you will see a short ata bow, because the difference between 1st and 80th is about 1 or 2 points, you don't want a 31" ata 5-6" brace no matter how good you are, any mistake you make will be amplified. I think I would get much agreement on this, it doesnt make you more of a man, or lady or a better shooter if you can shoot Short unforgiving bows, cause Im guessing alot people could, but vote for forgivness to win over human error. Thats just a few thoughts.
Good shooting,
Dylan
I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post.

>>>>--------o-->
Old 01-11-2002, 08:23 PM

Pinwheel I e-mailed pearson trying to obtain a picture and any other spec's that they had on hand.I was told that they lost the spec's in the move,and dont have a handle on any available picture.Im going to try to get a picture of the Advantage,but I wont see the guy who own's it till Sunday the 13.If I cant get the pic,ill ask him to log on to this site,so he can expell any knowledge of this bow.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:48 PM

So how the heck did they shorten the draw lengths and still advertise the same speed?

Quick Reply: FastestBows.com...Check it out!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.