Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

FastestBows.com...Check it out!!!

Old 01-09-2002, 03:21 PM

Default RE: FastestBows.com...Check it out!!!

Pinwheel
If you log on to the pearson website,and go to the dealer serch, type in 17756 area code,there you'll find Schools archery of Lewisburg Pa.His first name is Walt,but i dont know if he would sell or not.He is the only one that I know of that has one.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:32 PM

something of note, If you compare the speeds of some of these bowes that have really fast IBO speeds their AMO speeds are not that much faster than alot of other bows. A bow in which it's amo speed is closer to it's IBO speed is more effecient due to the fact that it doesn't lose as much speed when shooting a heavier arrow. I stry to shoot the most forgiving set up i can to get the speed I want with an arrow with a little weight behind it for 3D and hunting
Old 01-09-2002, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you wanna talk speed Kevin Strother the designer of BowTech's bows holds the world speed record at like 500 and some fps. I think around 585 or so(I'll have to make a phone call to find out excact speed). Pretty crazy but man is that fast. Of course the bow wasn't a production bow and probably isn't much for grouping LOL.. but fast nonetheless. I'm sure Pinwheel12 can elaborate more because if my memory serves me I think he used to go to some of these competitions.
Old 01-09-2002, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

HH-

Thanks, maybe I'll give him a call. I saw one on Archery Auction over a year ago and it sold for $75. At the time I wasn't interested,(and am kicking myself now!) but all this talk about it has me intrigued some again.

Bowtech Shooter-

Yes, Kevin Strother has the record and I think you are correct it is currently 585fps.
This of course is done with something no-one would ever want to stand near nevermind shoot,and yes I also used to play in the "fastest bow contests" years ago, and with the deeper brace and longer ATA cast riser bows with not-so-hard cams of yesteryear, we were still getting winning speeds up in the ranges of 425-435fps or so. Only roughly 150fps increase in 15 years, that's only about 10 feet per year for the technology! What fun it was, you had to get three shots out of the bow for it to count, lots blew up on the first or second. By the time you got to number 3 you were definately sweating if you were chucking an arrow over 375! Even my "everyday" 3D Tournament bow at the time was running at a "mere" 339fps!("Short" 40" ATA, and 81/4" brace height!) Ah, the memories, tho a little nutty, they were some good times and alot of fun. 350? Bah, nothing a few of us haven't seen before! Good shooting, P12
Old 01-09-2002, 08:08 PM

correct the draw lenght of those Bowtechs and then compare them to manufacturers that don't lie about D/L.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pinwheel, there was a #60 Pearson Advantage that sold on Ebay last week. It happened to be blue with white limbs too. I think it sold for $135 or sometbing like that. I was tempted to bid on it just to have something different, but figured it would be too hard to shoot well.

Avoid the inevitable until it is absolutely unavoidable!
Old 01-09-2002, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

strait arrow, this is infact true, my gold tips with 140gn shooting at 325 fps. arrows are 427gn 29 inches. using the bow jackson KE caculator its 100 ke. yeah it is that fast.
Ron
Old 01-10-2002, 04:38 AM
Typical Buck

JOE PA-

Thanks for the info. I guess there are still some around here and there, then. I don't go to e-bay much but maybe should keep a closer eye on things. Good shooting, P12
Old 01-10-2002, 07:18 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-10-2002, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

i think stodr is correct about the drawlength on bowtech being longer than it should altho i havent measured mine it does seem a little long. maby ill do that tonight. just for giggles.

Quick Reply: FastestBows.com...Check it out!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.