Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rocket Aeroheads(Broadheads)

Old 09-15-2002, 06:06 PM

Default Rocket Aeroheads(Broadheads)

Greetings, I purchased a couple of packs of Rocket Aeroheads "Steelheads" 100 grain but not sure how to afix them to my arrorws (Carbon). I know to screw them on but also some rubber "O" type rings and washers came along with the package. The package mentions something about shooting an overdraw (???) and to shoot with the blades in the closed postion and make sure O-rings fit in the annular groove and around the balde notches before each shot. I haven't the vaguest idea what all this means. It also states to use two O-rings when shooting over 300 ft/sec. Can someone please make heads of tails of this. Thanks and if you have any graphics to who me that would be excellent.

Thanks.

Old 09-15-2002, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Rocket Aeroheads(Broadheads)

On the Rocket's you will notice that the blades in a closed position have a step notched into each blade spine.Simply affix the rubber band,so as to capture the blades to prevent them from opening on release.They should have rubbers affixed,when you bought them.These are extra's!
The Steel washer's are to be affixed on the threaded shank,and fit between the back of the head,and the insert of your arrow.These prevent the blade's from opening to far,and breaking off.

Edited by - Hidden Hunter on 09/15/2002 19:17:09
Old 09-15-2002, 06:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-15-2002, 10:01 PM

Default RE: Rocket Aeroheads(Broadheads)

Thanks a mill guyz....this all makes a lot of since now.....happy bow hunting to you all...will let'cha know if I hit anything! Take care!

The Prodigal