Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which brand allen wrenches do you use?

Old 04-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which brand allen wrenches do you use?

Well as some of you know, today my new Spot Hogg-IT is coming in the mail. It should be here this afternoon. I would like to get a GOOD set of Allen wrenches........in the past I rounded off a screw in my old Copper John because of a crappy allen wrench.

What is a VERY good brand name allen wrench set that will take a beating and not round out my allen screws? I am willing to spend a decent amount of money on a set, as I REALLY don't want to damage screws on this Spot Hogg.

Thoughts?
Old 04-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which brand allen wrenches do you use?

I think Bondhus are quality wrenches, that's mostly what I have around the shop. I think there are actual "Allen" brand allen wrenches that come well regarded also. I don't think you could go wrong with Snap-On brand either.

Keep in mind that the small sizes all seem to eventually wear out or get slightly rounded on the edges- the quality ones just last a much longer time before needing replacement. It'll depend on what type of torquing you're trying to impart to the screw or the torqued screw you're trying to loosen......

If I strictly deal with screws that I install and that I remove, my set of Bondhus has lasted close to 10yrs. But when dealing with torqued screws (or rusted tight) which you have no control over where they have some monkey leaning on the install wrench- your mileage may vary.....
Old 04-11-2005, 12:35 PM

Default RE: Which brand allen wrenches do you use?

I have probably 10 different brands amoungst all my wrenches. By far though, the best ones that I have are Sears Craftsman. Not bad priced either.

Kev