Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ordering Bow String

Old 04-06-2005, 05:59 AM

Default Ordering Bow String

When ordering bow string what kind of information do you need besides the name of bow? Should I order it then have it put on? Should I order cables and string? I have a Reflex Excursion. Is that all the information I need? Should I order it from the manufacturer?

Thanks Bones
Old 04-06-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ordering Bow String

You need the bow name, model, year, cam type, draw length. If you can't put it on yourself you will have to have the shop do it for you, it requires a press and a bit of know how to re-tune the bow.

--Bob
Old 04-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

You need to have all of the above and if you have the string length and cable length that would be helpful too. I would change them both, at least when I do both get changed. Have a proshop do it if you don't have the equipment or know how.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

bones, are you getting one custom made? Depending on the string maker, you may need some more information on how you want the serving (especially length of serving as it goes over the cams). That's the real nice part from getting it done from a string maker. If they need that info, run a piece of serving or thick thread right along the string that is on the bow. Mark it where you want the serving to be put and then measure it. Your string maker should also want to know what types of nocks you use in order to get the correct size middle serving on.

You will also need to know the type of material to use. There are pluses and minuses to every type out there, so I would talk to the string maker about it. In my area, there seems to be a lot of small shops making their own strings.