Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hind Sight

Old 04-05-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Hind Sight

(Note: I know there have been posts for this before, but I couldn't find it in the search.)

I have read on ths forum the virtues of no peep from several shooters. Though I'm new, this made a lot of sense to me. I didn't like the peep sight or the rubber. I figured that if I develop my habits on another sighting system, I could get as good with it as with "conventional" sighting, so I ordered a hind sight.

I installed it a couple weeks ago, in line with my peep. That made the alignment easy. After a few days I weaned myself off the peep, making only a slight adjustment to the left so I was not trying to look through my string. My grouping did not change at all, which was a good thing. Now I am improving on my groups and don't think I will return to the peep. I am also shooting more heads-up now, instead of straining to get my eye on the peep.

But the lower-end model hind sight is made of heavy gauge sheet metal and sure was noisy!!! It rattled against the back bridge of my riser (Hoyt) like if you held a knife blade on the edge of a table and pulled up on the handle and let go. Rubber stopped that, but I hate to just insert deadener. I'm thinking of getting the next up model that is a machined bracket.

I don't really have a question, just thought I would solicit comments.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:42 AM

Default RE: Hind Sight

I've been looking at these things in the catalogs.

Anybody else out there that use one of these??
Old 04-06-2005, 06:17 AM

yeah, i'll be using one this upcoming season. a hunting partner of mine had a freak thing happen last year with his peep that cost him a shot at a great buck. so, that sent me on the search for peep alternatives. i installed the hind sight over the winter. i really like it. it did take a bit of getting used to. i can't wait to try it out this bowseason. ime, it works as advertised. some people claim is blocks too much of their view. i don't notice it at all. it's more of a personal preference thing, i guess...

btw, i'm using the hind sight II and don't have any noise issues with it...
Old 04-06-2005, 11:02 AM

I have been using one for a few years. since they came out. I love it and have no issue's.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

I use one and love it. I will never shoot a peep again!! There are far to many advantages to the hind sight!!
Old 04-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

What Kraton said is the truth,two years and no complaints![8D]
Old 04-06-2005, 08:12 PM

Which side of the string do you sight on? I am right handed and sight just to the left of my string. My threaded hind sight shaft is adjusted nearly all the way out in order to do this. Does anyone put the string on their nose and sight on the same side as their draw hand?

Also, do you adjust the front and rear sights together?

So far, the only problem I'm having is understanding adjustment.

As far as the noise, I also have a hind sight II and the noise is the rattling against the bridge, or truss thing that comes around the back of the hoyt. If you have a straight riser it shoudn't make noise.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have tried the hindsight but prefer the no-peep instead--it works better for me.jmho.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The hindsight was an excelent tool for me . Its a great learning tool , and I would sugest it to anyone who is starting out , or is new to archery . It teaches you alot about grip , anchoring , and form . I see Tom Meranda uses one . My setup for several years has been and aftermarket string and a 3/16s peep . I find this is what works best for me now .
Old 04-08-2005, 01:32 PM

Jones, I zero my bow with the Hind out of the way, and when I am zeroed , I bring in the rear sight and fine tune it at draw. when you consistently can go to full draw and your rear sight is centered you are good to go.

I am right handed and do anchor w/ my mouth and nose to the string. My right eye is just to the left of my string. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Hind Sight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.