Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer vanes and APA Twister

Old 04-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazer vanes and APA Twister

I just ordered a Twister Safari rest and am planning on using the Blazer vanes this year. Has anyone used this combo yet? Just wonder if the slightly higher profile Blazer with cause any clearence issues with this rest.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazer vanes and APA Twister

I am also seriously thinking about the APA Twister. Did you go for the side load one or the solid one. Let us know how you like it.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just wonder if the slightly higher profile Blazer with cause any clearence issues with this rest.
Nope.

Just make sure that the nocks are indexed carefully........they fit fine, cock feather straight down.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt/Pa,
Sounds like you have a twister? What do you think of it and what did you use prior to that one? I really like the idea of full containment for a hunting bow and while I have never owned a drop away yet have to assume that they would be a better shooting system than a conventional rest.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry,
I have been using the Twister series rests for over a year now. I used the original prototype on my Liberty from last February up through this past January. Now I have retired that one and am using a Twister Safari on my Allegiance.

IMO, I think this is the best hunting drop away on the market....The rest operation is silent, it's accurate and reliable and the full containment makes it a no brainer.

It's my favorite hunting rest that I have owned to date. No staff anything, no ties to the company, just a favored product.
I have played with quite a few others, but the rests I have USED for hunting immediately prior to this one going back to 2001 are the TT Shakey Hunter, and Muzzy Zero Effect.

Search the word "Twister" in the tech forum and you should find quite a bit of reading on it.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt/PA
That's it , thats all I needed to hear I am going to buy one!!! I was thinking of the new side load version, have you seen that one? It just looks like it would so much nicer and safer to load a broadhead tipped arrow into it.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Terry,
the Safari and "SL" versions operate exactly the same........the Safari just has slick tubes and the SL doesn't. I got so used to loading the original one I had from the backside that it's second nature to me now so I dont think about it.

In actuallity the "SL" will be a touch QUIETER because you will use the supplied felt on the launcher which is WHISPER quiet on the draw and shot. The Safari has just a slight hiss to it for the short time that it is in contact with the shaft on the draw.
Nothing to worry about but the SL is a bit quieter.

I'd feel just fine hunting with either.

The rest tuning and set-up is a breeze.

I can tell you right now, just air it out to the left for the Allegiance and start there for paper tuning. Mine was perfect right there.
The timing adjustment is simple......there is a set screw in the launcher arm to set cord length.
All you need to do is run the cord through the hole in your cable slide,(Hopefully your slide has a point of attachment?) knot it off, clip and melt.........then run the other end to the length you need with the set screw......when you have the timing you want, lock down the screw and clip, and melt that end. DONE.
Start on the long side, and work your way to the desired length........start too short and draw and you could snap off the slide peg.[:-]

I have mine coming up to full height right about the front of the valley. It supports the arrow for about 3" +/- of travel when fired.
Nock height is level, and arrow is even with the center of the berger holes.(That is the set up and tune with my "E" cam Bowtech, yours may vary on your Reflex)
Old 04-02-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input Matt. I knew you've been shooting the Twister rest for quite some time now and all of your comments about it helped me make the decision to go that direction.

Glad to hear that there aren't any issues getting clearence with the Blazers.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt/PA,
Great input. Thanks. Isn't this this website great? Where else can you get this kind of feedback and information?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Is there any difference between the Ultimate Safari and regular Safari rest other than the lenght of prongs?

Quick Reply: Blazer vanes and APA Twister

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.