Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about spiral fletches

Old 09-14-2002, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Question about spiral fletches

I've had a couple of people tell me that you only need spiral fletches if you're shooting fingers. I shoot a release and have been shooting spirals for 9 years now with no problems but will be getting my arrowa refletched after this bow season. What are your opinions on this?
Old 09-14-2002, 07:35 PM

Default RE: Question about spiral fletches

Spiral fletches are much better if u can get them to fly through your rest. If your shooting fixed blade broadheads, helical fletching makes the arrow more stable and accurate, especially at longer ranges. Feathers will also make it easier for rest clearence cause its not as critical if a feather hits the rest compared to a vane. SO, if u can, yes get helical flethcing, or atleast an offset. If your shooting mechanicals its not as big of deal but i still recomend it.