Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is this safe to shoot?

Old 04-01-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Is this safe to shoot?

I bought a six pack of Magnus Broadheads yesterday for cheap. At full draw it looks like the pic. Do you think the broadhead will clear the riser before it spins or should I get some longer arrows?

Old 04-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is this safe to shoot?

At full draw it looks like the pic. Do you think the broadhead will clear the riser before it spins or should I get some longer arrows?
The head will be well clear of the riser before it starts to spin.

Just remember that the arrow can not start its spinning while it is still on the string
Old 04-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Just watch your fingers
Old 04-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Good point about the arrow leaving the string before it starts to spin. Major brain fade on my part. Those things happen as we get older Can't wait to try these out on some pigs
Old 04-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks alittel dangerous to me . Id install a gaurd on it . With a muzzy rest or a wisker bisquet youd be fine .
Old 04-01-2005, 10:38 AM

Good advice Rack.

Watching those fingers was my first though. Finger are handy when climbing down out of a tree.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's the one thing I absolutely dislike about cutout risers that let you draw a broadhead all the way back within the sight window. Overdraw type setups are even worse. Doesn't much matter with field points, but it can get a little risky with broadheads. And that goes for ANY broadhead, IMO, not just vertically mounted 2-bladers. Add another 2" to your arrow length so the broadhead is out there in front of your fingers and it'd be a lot safer.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like them longer, myself. Long enough to where if the arow falls off the rest, the head CAN'T touch my fingers.

One of my friend's hunting buddies almost sliced his finger off one time with a setup like yours.
His hands were cold enough that when he drew back, he didn't notice the arrow had slipped off the rest and one of the blades was sitting on his glove just as he released. This resulted in a very unpleasant surprise and a trip to the E.R.
Makes me cringe whenever I think about it.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cut my arrows that short, but I also use a full containment rest. It will be fine however.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:56 AM

They shoot ok like this but, I think I will make some longer arrows. Thanks for all the opinions. Better to be safe than sorry.

Quick Reply: Is this safe to shoot?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.